Monday, November 30, 2015

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - 11/30/15

http://bookdate.blogspot.com/
   
********************
I hope you had a great reading week.  
********************
This is a weekly meme hosted by Kathryn at BOOK DATE!

Post the books completed last week, the books you are currently reading, and the books you hope to finish this week.

I just got back from my fun Thanksgiving Day in New York.

***************
Books Completed The Last Three Weeks:

JAMAICA INN by Daphen Du Maurier

I didn't know Ms. Du Maurier had written this book.  I only knew of REBECCA.  Did you know?

Wonder where I have been since 1936?  :)  

My review is the book's title.

A terrific read.  Gothic and dark with wonderful description.

Have you read JAMAICA INN? 


*********
THE SEAFRONT TEAROOM by Vanessa Greene

Absolutely LOVED this book.

Review and Giveaway scheduled for December 8. 


***************

WHITE COLLAR GIRL by Renee Rosen


Loved the book...marvelous research, story line, and characters.

***************
THE HUNDRED GIFTS by Jennifer Scott 

Another marvelous read by Ms. Scott.

Review is in the book's title.
 ***************
Book Currently Reading:

THE READERS OF THE BROKEN WHEEL RECOMMEND by Katarina Bivald


Books Up Next:

THE MURALIST by B. A. Shapiro.



THE THINGS WE KEEP by Sally Hepworth

THE SWANS OF FIFTH AVENUE by Melanie Benjamin
 
THE FORGOTTEN ROOM by Karen White, Beatriz Williams, and Lauren Willig

 
Can you imagine how good this book is going to be with those authors?  Can't wait to read it.

I'LL SEE YOU IN PARIS by Michelle Gable
ALL THE WINTERS AFTER by Sere Prince Halverson

IN ANOTHER LIFE by Julie Christine Johnson


HANGING MARY by Susan Higginbotham


THE AXEMAN by Ray Celestin

 
THREE STORY HOUSE by Courtney Miller Santo


GARDEN OF LETTERS by Alyson Richman


,.......,.

THE GIRL WHO CAME HOME by Hazel Gaynor

********************

The books below are not necessarily in the order I have planned to read them.  

I normally read in order of publication or tour date.

And....these are not for reading in the upcoming week.  :)  They are books into and including all of 2015 and 2016.

The "list" is a means of keeping me organized.

A visual display helps a lot for organization along with my Excel list. 

   
 
How was your reading week?  











22 comments:

  1. I'm finally getting to The Things They Keep this week. Can't wait to hear what The Forgotten Room is like? Glad you had a fun Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let us know how THE THINGS THEY KEEP is please.

      THE FORGOTTEN ROOM can't be anything short of amazing with those three authors. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Teddyree.

      Delete
  2. Nice! Those are all new to me reads! Hope you enjoy all of this week's reading!

    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too much travel and family activities last week. I finished Last Song Before Night by Ilana C Myer before all the fun began. Now I am reading The Japanese Lover by Isabel Allende.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to read The Japanese Lover...ENJOY!!

      Thanks for stopping, Judy.

      Delete
  4. You always have such interesting books on your stack. I hope you enjoy them all. Here is my Monday Report. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like my books. :)

      Thanks for noticing and for stopping, Kathy.

      Delete
  5. Loved your review of Jamaica Inn! Rebecca is the only DuMaurier novel I've read, but I'm hoping that will change on 2016. Glad you annoyed Thanksgiving in NYC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rebecca is the only one I have read too.

      I enjoyed Jamaica Inn...glad you liked my review.

      We did enjoy our Thanksgiving in NYC.

      Thanks for stopping, JoAnn.

      Delete
  6. I'm sure to find at least one new to me author when reading your 'It's Monday!' post - I hope you enjoy your upcoming reads!

    Reading With Jade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooo...which one did you find today, Jade? :)

      Thanks for stopping, Reading with Jade.

      Delete
  7. Vaguely aware of Jamaica Inn from when I was really young, but not sure if I read it. Looks like you had a great reading week, so good when the books are so worth reading. Just getting my head around the characters in V Greene's book, listening to it and sometimes I drift for a few secs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never heard of Jamaica Inn...good to hear you knew of the book.

      Awwww...I hope The Seafront Tearoom gets better for you. It was such a sweet read for me. Loved those tearooms.

      Thanks for stopping, Kathryn.

      Delete
  8. Your current and upcoming reads look particularly good Elizabeth - and a far cry from the serial killers and psychopaths on my book agenda of late!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL on the serial killers and psychopaths.

      Mine have been sweet reads lately. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Deborah.

      Delete
  9. The Forgotten Room does sound good. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh...I can't wait to read it.

      Thanks for stopping, Introverted Jen.

      Delete
  10. THE READERS OF THE BROKEN WHEEL RECOMMEND by Katarina Bivald looks interesting. Judging from the cover, I would guess it's a cozy. :)
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straightforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a cozy, but a cozy read about books and authors.

      The main character comes to a small mid-western town hoping to find her pen pal but doesn't find pen pal. Instead she finds the pen pal's house filled with books.

      It is good so far.

      Thanks for stopping, Diane.

      Delete
  11. I'm going to read my first Daphne du Maurier book (Rebecca) this year. I'm very excited for it. I think du Maurier wrote many other books besides Rebecca though from what I've heard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will LOVE Rebecca, Lois.

      That was my first and only du Maurier book until Jamaica Inn.

      Oh yes...she wrote more.

      Thanks for stopping, Lois, and enjoy Rebecca.

      Delete