Friday, December 25, 2015

Book Beginnings - 12/25/15


*Please join Rose City Reader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.  *Taken directly from Rose City Reader's Blog Page.

***************
My book beginnings is taken from THE FORGOTTEN ROOM by Karen White, Beatriz Williams, and Lauren Willig:

 

"The patter of rain against the blacked-out stained glass dome above where I sat numbed me like a hypnotist's gold watch.  Neither the hard marble step beneath me nor the delicately carved staircase spindle pressed against my forehead was enough to override the lullaby effect of the raindrops."

This book is wonderful.  

Three women with a connection. We find out about each woman in alternating chapters that range from 1842 to 1944. 
***********
I finished these THREE books the last two weeks.  

THE THINGS WE KEEP by Sally Hepworth:


Review will be on my blog on January 19, 2016.
***********

THE VIOLINIST OF VENICE by Alyssa Palombo:


The book is as beautiful as the cover.
 ***********

THE READERS OF THE BROKEN WHEEL RECOMMEND by Katarina Bivald.

 

I loved it.  It is a cute read that is set in a small town that doesn't have a book store and needs one.

This got so much BUZZ at the BEA this past spring.  

A publicist said this book is a #1 Indie Next Great Read for January.

My review will be on my blog on January 7, 2016 

 ******************




11 comments:

  1. I am almost done with THE FORGOTTEN ROOM.

    LOVING the book.

    Thanks for stopping, and Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard good things about The Forgotten Room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh..it is sooooo good.

      Thanks for stopping, Laurel.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, McGuffy Ann.

      Merry Chtistmas to you too, and thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  4. I hope you had a lovely Christmas, Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Suko. I did.

      I hope you did too.

      Thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  5. I hope to read Readers soon!

    readerbuzz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh...I can't wait to hear what you think.

      It was such a sweet read and a book lover's dream. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Deb.

      Delete
  6. I love your book beginning of THE FORGOTTEN ROOM by Karen White, Beatriz Williams, and Lauren Willig. Sounds like a very good book to get lost in. :)
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straightforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH....it was a wonderful read.

      Thanks for stopping, Diane.

      Delete