Friday, December 4, 2015

Book Beginnings - 12/4/15


*Please join Rose City Reader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.  *Taken directly from Rose City Reader's Blog Page.

***************
My book beginnings is taken from THE READERS OF THE BROKEN WHEEL RECOMMEND by Katarina Bivald.

 

"The strange woman standing on Hope's main street was so ordinary it was almost scandalous.  A thin, plain figure dressed in an autumn coat much too gray and warm for the time of year, a backpack lying on the ground by her feet, and an enormous suitcase resting against one of her legs."

This got so much BUZZ at the BEA this past spring.  Totally enjoying it.
***********
I finished these books the last three weeks.  LOVED all of them.

JAMAICA INN by Daphen Du Maurier:



THE SEAFRONT TEAROOM by Vanessa Greene:


THE SEAFRONT TEAROOM is a sweet, cozy read.  

Tea lovers and lovers of quaint tea shops will love this book.

I am thoroughly enjoying THE SEAFRONT TEAROOM.   

The book is as inviting as the cover.

Review and Giveaway scheduled for December 8.
 
 ***********

WHITE COLLAR GIRL by Renee Rosen:


I LOVE Ms. Rosen's books.

Review is in book's title.

 ******************







15 comments:

  1. I am really enjoying THE READERS OF BROKEN WHEEL RECOMMEND.

    Cute, bookish story.

    Thanks for stopping by, and Happy Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that beginning, especially, ",,,so ordinary it was almost scandalous." Hope you continue to enjoy it. :)
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straightforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am loving the book.

      A small town that doesn't have a bookstore gets one.

      Cute story. Great characters.

      Thanks for stopping, Diane.

      Delete
  3. I'm intrigued by the title and the beginning of this one. I can't resist books with a bookish theme!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would LOVE this book, Katherine.

      Cute, cozy, and fun.

      Thanks for stopping, Katherine.

      Delete
  4. This book has definitely caught my eye!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book is so good, fredamans.

      Tons of promotion for it too.

      Thanks for stopping, fredamans.

      Delete
  5. I went and put The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend on my wishlist. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you will love it.

      Thanks for stopping, Stormi.

      Delete
  6. What an interesting beginning, and that cover draws me in as well :)

    Our BB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am enjoying the book.

      It is about book lovers.

      Thank you for stopping, Fiza.

      Delete
  7. This book has a great book beginning, title and book cover. Visiting your blog always makes my TBR list grow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so good, Laura. I am loving it.

      LOL on your TBR list. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Laura.

      Delete
  8. It was a wonderful read.

    Thanks for stopping, Lauren.

    ReplyDelete