Friday, December 25, 2015

Book Blogger Hop - 12/25 - 12/31

 Question of the Week: 

What is your preferred format for reviews? Do you tell the story or do you focus on characters and the reason someone would like the review?
My Answer:

I give a bit about the story, but I focus more on characters and how they make the book a great book to read.

I also give reasons why someone that likes certain things in a book might like this specific book.

I like to make the reader feel they must read this book because it has a great story line and great characters.










11 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas!!

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower from Blog Hop!! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas, and thanks for stopping and following, Circumspect4.

      Delete
  3. Merry Christmas, Elizabeth!!!! I hope you had a wonderful day.

    I'm like you, I try to make it so whoever is reading my reviews will want to read the book or not give away too much.

    My Book Blogger Hop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the best way.

      I remember one person told me to not do a "book report" like we had to do in high school. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Kristine.

      Delete
    2. Love your book report comment. In high school I would have told you that you were nuts if you told me that writing "book reports" would be one of my adult hobbies.

      Delete
    3. LOL...I agree, RAnn...writing book reports is my fun hobby too. :)

      Thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  4. Great blog and I really agree with focusing on the characters in your reviews. I'm a new blogger and enjoying learning. Have a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to the book blogging world, William.

      Have fun, and thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  5. Hi - I like to give an overall view of the story (without spoilers) and in the last paragraph, tell what I liked as well as what I didn't care for. :)
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straightforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your input. Sounds perfect.

      Thanks for stopping, Diane.

      Delete