Monday, December 21, 2015

It's Monday! What are YOU Reading? - 12/21/15

http://bookdate.blogspot.com/
   
********************
I hope you had a great reading week.  
********************
This is a weekly meme hosted by Kathryn at BOOK DATE!

Post the books completed last week, the books you are currently reading, and the books you hope to finish this week.


 ************* 

DON'T FORGET TO STOP BACK!!

In celebration of the paperback release of THE SECRETS OF MIDWIVES on December 29 I will feature a giveaway for:

THE SECRETS OF MIDWIVES  
AND 
THE THINGS WE KEEP


***************

Books Completed The Last Two Weeks:

1.  THE VIOLINIST OF VENICE by Alyssa Palombo.

The book is beautiful just like the cover, and I loved learning about Antonio Vivaldi.

There is a giveaway for THE VIOLINIST OF VENICE in the review link that is in the book's title.
 ***************
2.  THE READERS OF THE BROKEN WHEEL RECOMMEND by Katarina Bivald


A very sweet read about a small town that NEEDS a book store.  :)  

Loved it.

Review will be on my blog on January 7, 2016.

Comment from the publisher:
 
"This book is a #1 Indie Next Great Read for January 2016."

 ***************
3.  THE THINGS WE KEEP by Sally Hepworth

 

This book is different from her first book, The Secrets of Midwives, but has wonderful characters and was well researched by the author. 

Review will be on my blog on January 19, 2016. 

***************
Book Currently Reading:

THE FORGOTTEN ROOM by Karen White, Beatriz Williams, and Lauren Willig


Can you imagine how good this book is going to be with those authors?  

Books Up Next:

THE SWANS OF FIFTH AVENUE by Melanie Benjamin



THE MURALIST by B. A. Shapiro.

 

I'LL SEE YOU IN PARIS by Michelle Gable
 

ALL THE WINTERS AFTER by Sere Prince Halverson

IN ANOTHER LIFE by Julie Christine Johnson


HANGING MARY by Susan Higginbotham


THE AXEMAN by Ray Celestin

 
THREE STORY HOUSE by Courtney Miller Santo


GARDEN OF LETTERS by Alyson Richman


,.......,.

THE GIRL WHO CAME HOME by Hazel Gaynor

********************

The books below are not necessarily in the order I have planned to read them.  

I normally read in order of publication or tour date.

And....these are not for reading in the upcoming week.  :)  They are books into and including all of 2015 and 2016.

The "list" is a means of keeping me organized.

A visual display helps a lot for organization along with my Excel list. 

   
 
How was your reading week?  




















34 comments:

  1. Oh nice! Totally new to me reads! Hope you enjoyed them all! Have a great reading week!

    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read In Another Life. I also have The Muralist but have yet to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had The Muralist since the BEA. :( I was waiting until closer to the pub date, but things got away from me.

      In Another Life should be terrific.

      Thanks for stopping, Laura.

      Delete
  3. I had a great week last week. I read China Dolls by Lisa See, Track of the Cat by Nevada Barr (mystery set in Guadalupe Mountains National Park, Texas; first in a series), and The Story of My Teeth by Valerie Luiselli. Today I am reading Ghostwritten by David Mitchell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a very good week for you.

      I love Lisa See's books.

      I don't know those other authors.

      Thanks for sharing and stopping, Judy.

      Delete
  4. So many great covers, I can't decide which ones to check out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh....I know. I am a cover nut!!

      Love the cover first and then check out the inside second. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Marce.

      Delete
  5. I have got The Readers of the Broken Wheel Recommend lined up. Glad you enjoyed it. Hope you will enjoy The Axeman, it looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh....you will love The Readers of the Broken Wheel Recommend. Such a good book.

      I hope I get to the Axeman soon. It keeps getting pushed down my list. :(

      Thanks for stopping, Ciska van der Lans.

      Delete
  6. I know those three authors will be amazing I think. I didn't request it on NetGalley but could have. I saw the The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend in a bookstore - didn't buy it but am keeping it in mind. Have a great Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will enjoy The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend, Kathryn.

      I started The Forgotten Room. Not into it yet. It is set up in different chapters with different characters and different time periods.

      Thanks for stopping, Kathryn.

      Delete
  7. The Forgotten Room does sound good. I've read 2 of 3 of the authors in it. Come see my week here. Happy holidays and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here...I haven't read any of Lauren Willig's books.

      Thanks for stopping, Kathy.

      Delete
  8. The Readers of the Broken Wheel Recommend sounds wonderful! Have a great week and Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a sweet read. I really enjoyed it.

      Thanks for stopping, JoAnn, and Merry Christmas to you too.

      Delete
  9. The Violinist of Venice and The Axeman both sound really good! (Mondays are hard on my TBR...)

    Happy Holidays! And have a great reading week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Violinist of Venice was wonderful.

      The Axeman is still waiting for me. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Katherine.

      Delete
  10. The things we keep is one of the books that I would like to read.

    New follower on GFC
    http://theresaraymer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following and for commenting, Theresa.

      So nice to see a new face...WELCOME.

      The Things We Keep was good but sad.

      Have a great reading week, Theresa.

      Delete
  11. So many of your books look good! The Violinist of Venice is especially intriguing to me because I'm a bit of a music history nerd. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would absolutely LOVE this book if you are a music history fan, Julie.

      Thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  12. Great list of books! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just added the Vivaldi book and The Readers of the Broken Wheel Recommend to my TBR list. Thanks for commenting on my blog so I could find yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love Vivaldi book if you are an historical fiction fan.

      The Readers of the Broken Wheel Recommend is simply an adorable read.

      Thanks for stopping, Marci, and I am glad we found each other's blogs.

      Delete
  14. I always find new things to add to my pile when I come to your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear this.

      I know I find books all the time on one particular blog, but also on other blogs.

      Thanks for stopping, Jennifer.

      Delete
  15. The Forgotten Room looks very interesting written by three great authors. The Violinist of Venice looks good too.
    Have a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Forgotten Room is very good. I am 3/4 through the book.

    The Vilionist was very good.

    Thanks for stopping, Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Actually, I'm falling behind on my reading right now. I'm at my son's home for Christmas and playing with my grandchildren takes precedence right now. :)
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straightforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grandchildren definitely take precedence over reading.

      ENJOY, and thanks for stopping, Diane.

      Delete
  18. These books look so good! I haven't heard of most of them (besides The Butterfly Sister, which I've commented on before :) ) But they look really great! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The books are ones I am excited about.

      I loved the ones I read.

      Thanks for stopping, Louisa.

      Delete