Monday, December 28, 2015

It's Monday! What are YOU Reading? - 12/28/15

http://bookdate.blogspot.com/
   
********************
I hope you had a great reading week.  
********************
This is a weekly meme hosted by Kathryn at BOOK DATE!

Post the books completed last week, the books you are currently reading, and the books you hope to finish this week.


 ************* 
DON'T FORGET TO STOP BACK TOMORROW!!

In celebration of the paperback release of THE SECRETS OF MIDWIVES on December 29 I will feature a giveaway for:

THE SECRETS OF MIDWIVES  
AND 
THE THINGS WE KEEP 

The publisher is offering BOTH books to one lucky reader of Silver's Reviews!!

Thank you, Katie Bassel of St. Martin's. 


***************

Books Completed The Last Two Weeks:

1. THE FORGOTTEN ROOM by Karen White, Beatriz Williams, and Lauren Willig


Oh my goodness...this book is absolutely marvelous.  LOVED IT.

How could it be anything but fantastic with these three amazing authors?

My review will be in January, but I hope you get to read it before then or definitely some time soon.

Historical fiction and women's fiction fans will devour it.


2.  THE VIOLINIST OF VENICE by Alyssa Palombo.

The book is beautiful just like the cover, and I loved learning about Antonio Vivaldi.

 ***************
3.  THE READERS OF THE BROKEN WHEEL RECOMMEND by Katarina Bivald


A very sweet read about a small town that NEEDS a book store.  :)  

Loved it.

Review will be on my blog on January 7, 2016.

Comment from the publisher:
 
"This book is a #1 Indie Next Great Read for January 2016."

 ***************
4.  THE THINGS WE KEEP by Sally Hepworth

 

This book is different from her first book, The Secrets of Midwives, but has wonderful characters and was well researched by the author. 

Review will be on my blog on January 19, 2016. 

***************
Book Currently Reading:

THE MURALIST by B. A. Shapiro.

 
Books Up Next:

THE SWANS OF FIFTH AVENUE by Melanie Benjamin


I'LL SEE YOU IN PARIS by Michelle Gable
 

ALL THE WINTERS AFTER by Sere Prince Halverson

IN ANOTHER LIFE by Julie Christine Johnson


HANGING MARY by Susan Higginbotham


THE AXEMAN by Ray Celestin

 
THREE STORY HOUSE by Courtney Miller Santo


GARDEN OF LETTERS by Alyson Richman


,.......,.

THE GIRL WHO CAME HOME by Hazel Gaynor

********************

The books below are not necessarily in the order I have planned to read them.  

I normally read in order of publication or tour date.

And....these are not for reading in the upcoming week.  :)  They are books into and including all of 2015 and 2016.

The "list" is a means of keeping me organized.

A visual display helps a lot for organization along with my Excel list. 

   
 
How was your reading week?  







38 comments:

  1. Nice! These are new to me! Hope you read some more good books in this last week of 2015!

    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jessica.

      I hope to get started on The Muralist.

      Thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathy.

      Happy Reading to you too, and thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  3. I want to read ALL of the books you've read over the past couple of weeks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smiling here....they are all so good.

      Thanks for stopping, JoAnn.

      Delete
  4. Last week I started my yearly year end readathon, during which I attempt to catch up on all the books I haven't read by one author. My author this year is David Mitchell. This past week I completed Ghostwritten and Number9Dream. This coming week I will reread Cloud Atlas and hopefully also get through Black Swan Green. Fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great on the readathon.

      Thanks for stopping, Judy.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I am not that far into the book, but I am guessing it is good.

      Thanks for stopping, Jennifer.

      Delete
  6. Some wonderful reads Elizabeth, The Forgotten Room sounds great, I'll catch up with it at some point. 3 great authors for sure. Some lucky reader will love the giveaway for the Sally Hepworth books - well worth reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was VERY good, Kathryn.

      Oh yes...a lucky reader will have two books that are quite good.

      Thanks for stopping, Kathryn.

      Delete
  7. I'm a huge Karen White and B. Williams fan, but am always nervous about how collaborations like that will turn out. Will waters be muddied by too many cooks in the kitchen? Glad it worked out for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh....the book was marvelous.

      You couldn't even tell who was writing what. The book was fantastic.

      I hope you read it.

      Thanks for stopping, Sarah.

      Delete
  8. ohhh Hanging Mary sounds good - i might have to pre-order it (or convince my library to get it).

    happy reading week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sourcebooks was raving about Hanging Mary at the BEA.

      I am looking forward to reading it.

      Thanks for stopping, Dee.

      Delete
  9. So many good books, a few I've read & some on my TBR list. I'm off to see if I can get my hands on The Forgotten Room. Have a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great you have read a few already.

      Oh...I hope you can find THE FORGOTTEN ROOM. Loved it as you know.

      Thanks for stopping, Teddyree.

      Delete
  10. All of your books sound so good. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...I am excited about all the titles.

      Thanks for stopping, Yvonne.

      Delete
  11. I have to admit, that I am not reading anything at the moment, well, other than the audio book of His Dark Materials: The Golden Compass. I can`t start a new paper book until I write and post a book review. If I don`t follow this rule I`ll end up with a huge backlog of books to review. arg. Next book up is Unwind by Neal Shusterman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is why I immediately have my review done and ready for publication. I don't want to get backed up.

      Best of luck with getting your reviews done.

      Thanks for stopping, Heather.

      Delete
  12. Wow, so many of those look like great reads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly am hoping they are. I usually trust my judgement and like 99% of the books I choose. :)

      Thanks for stopping, pilch92.

      Delete
  13. I am very intrigued by The Forgotten Room. Glad to know you loved it. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh...it was so good.

      Thanks for stopping, Nise.

      Happy New Year!!

      Delete
  14. Your first three books sound great! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were all quite good. Totally enjoyed them.

      Thanks for stopping, Introverted Jen.

      Delete
  15. Oh, the Forgotten Room looks wonderful! Love those authors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book was absolutely wonderful and fantastic.

      All three authors worked well together. I hope you get to read the book.

      Thanks for stopping, stacybuckeye.

      Delete
  16. I love the cover of I'll See You in PAris. Hope you have a great week- and happy New Years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That cover is very nice.

      Thanks for stopping, Greg, and Happy New Year!!

      Delete
  17. I love how organized you are about your reading! I'm organized in just about everything BUT reading. Glitter and Glue is on my 2016 list as well - I meant to get to it this year, but it just didn't happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kelsey.

      I am organized with everything. :)

      So nice to have you stop back to my blog.

      Hope to see you more often.

      Delete
  18. Haven't read anything today; been going through and catching up on emails. My next book to read is The Locker by Adrian Magson. :)
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straightforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Difficult to catch up after you have been away.

      Thanks for stopping, Diane.

      Delete
  19. Look like some really great books to read and have read :) Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy looking at all of them and anticipating the enjoyment when I start them. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Louisa.

      Delete