Monday, December 14, 2015

Mailbox Monday - 12/14/15

 
Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week. (Library books don’t count, but eBooks & audiobooks do).

Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles, and humongous wish lists!

Mailbox Monday, created by Marcia @ A Girl and Her Books, has a permanent home now at Mailbox Monday.

 
 *****************
Every week Mailbox Monday will have a new linky posted for our Mailbox Monday links at Marcia's Mailbox Monday blog.
Here’s a shout out to the new administrators:

Leslie of Under My Apple Tree 
Vicki of I’d Rather Be at the Beach
Serena @ Savvy Verse And Wit 

THANKS to everyone for keeping Mailbox Monday alive.

*************** 
I hope you had a good mailbox.

***************
On Tuesday, December 8, I received:
1.  THE SECRETS OF MIDWIVES by Sally Hepworth, courtesy of Katie Bassel of St. Martin's.


In celebration of the paperback release on December 29, I will feature a giveaway for:

THE SECRETS OF MIDWIVES  
AND 
THE THINGS WE KEEP

Don't forget to stop back!

On Wednesday, December 9, I received:

1.  THE FIFTH ASSASSIN by Brad Meltzer, courtesy of our book club's Christmas Party book exchange.

2.  THE GUILTY by David Baldacci, courtesy of our book club's Christmas Party book exchange.

  ***************
How about your mailbox?   

Any titles in your mailbox that you were excited about seeing?
***************

24 comments:

  1. I hope you had a good mailbox.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Secrets of Midwives is the one I want to read. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read it and really enjoyed it.

      Thanks for stopping, Laura.

      Delete
  3. Enjoy your bookclub exchange books, Elizabeth. I bought a couple of Kindle deals and received a surprise review book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surprise books are fun if they turn out to be something I like. :)

      I read this book as an ARC and didn't know I was going to receive the finished copy.

      Thanks for stopping, Mary.

      Delete
  4. I've heard The Secret of Midwives is very good. My book club is having our book swap tomorrow night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is good...I read it earlier this year.

    Oooooo on the book swap. I hope you get something good.

    Thanks for stopping, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, great mailbox! I enjoyed The Secrets of Midwives...and I just realized that one of my books is from this author: The Things We Keep.

    Enjoy your week, and here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes....The Things We Keep is in my TBR stack. Actually it is up next.

      Thanks for stopping, Laurel.

      Delete
  7. I've seen a few Sally Hepworth books in MM today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked her first book.

      I am hoping The Things We Keep is just as good.

      Thanks for stopping, Vicki.

      Delete
  8. I also liked the midwife book, have a great reading week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes...quite good.

      Thanks for stopping, Nicole.

      Delete
  9. I've read David Baldacci before. Good author! Happy Reading Week to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary.

      Enjoy your week, and thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  10. I know of David Baldacci but have never read one of his books.

    Thanks for stopping, Mary M.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Replies
    1. Thanks, Serena, and thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  12. THE SECRETS OF MIDWIVES by Sally Hepworth looks like a book I'd really enjoy. Happy reading! :)
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straightforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very good. I hope you get to read it.

      Thanks for stopping, Diane.

      Delete
  13. Oh, I want to read The Secrets of Midwives. Hope you enjoy your new books.

    Thanks for visiting The Busy Mom's Daily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't forget to enter the giveaway on the 29th.

      Thanks for stopping, Cheryl.

      Delete
  14. I like that cover of the The Secrets of Midwives!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very nice cover and a good book.

      Thanks for stopping, samstillreading.

      Delete