Friday, January 15, 2016

Book Beginnings - 1/15/16


*Please join Rose City Reader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.  *Taken directly from Rose City Reader's Blog Page.
 ***************
My book beginnings is taken from I'LL SEE YOU IN PARIS by Michelle Gable:



"Maybe she'll surprise us," Eric said.  They walked along the path toward the barn, Annie's sandals crunching against the gravel.  It was eighty degrees, unusually warm for that time of year, an Indian summer.  The sun was bright, the hillsides green and flashing.  The leaves had not yet begun to change."

Another book that goes back and forth in time, and that blue book on the cover tells the story.  :)

I am enjoying this book.
***********
I finished this book last week:
 
IN ANOTHER LIFE by Julie Christine Johnson

Beautiful writing, and a wonderful debut novel.

Isn't that cover gorgeous? 

It will be reviewed on my blog on February 22, 2016.

 ******************




13 comments:

  1. I hope you had a great reading week.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love books that go back and forth in time...thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that too.

      I am really enjoying this book.

      Thanks for stopping, Laurel.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. The book is good, and the writing is very descriptive.

      Thanks for stopping, fredamans.

      Delete
  4. I love when a book has books on the cover. I can never resist those! I love the sound of the beginning and that it goes back and forth in time. Sounds like a winner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll See You In Paris is good.

      Thanks for stopping, Katherine.

      Delete
  5. Hi,
    Sounds like a good book. Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am enjoying the book.

      Thanks for stopping, Sherrie.

      Delete
  6. Elizabeth, thanks for sharing some words from the book.

    I just posted a fun recipe and hope you and your readers will stop by "my place". :)

    I hope you have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your recipe sounds delicious.

      I stopped by. Thanks for letting me know.

      Thanks for stopping by, Suko.

      Delete
  7. I am still waiting for my Paris Bookshop book on the library waiting list. So many books I haven't read and such little amount of time to read them. My Friday Quotes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you.

      So many good books. So little time.

      If you like books set in Paris or wth Paris in the title, I have reviewed quite a few.

      Thanks for stopping, Anne.

      Delete