Friday, January 22, 2016

Book Beginnings - 1/22/16


*Please join Rose City Reader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.  *Taken directly from Rose City Reader's Blog Page.
 ***************

My Book Beginnings is the same as last week....slow reading week.  :)





My book beginnings is taken from I'LL SEE YOU IN PARIS by Michelle Gable:



"Maybe she'll surprise us," Eric said.  They walked along the path toward the barn, Annie's sandals crunching against the gravel.  It was eighty degrees, unusually warm for that time of year, an Indian summer.  The sun was bright, the hillsides green and flashing.  The leaves had not yet begun to change."

Another book that goes back and forth in time, and that blue book on the cover tells the story.  :)

I am enjoying this book.
***********
I finished this book last week:
 
IN ANOTHER LIFE by Julie Christine Johnson

Beautiful writing, and a wonderful debut novel.

Isn't that cover gorgeous? 

It will be reviewed on my blog on February 22, 2016.

 ******************







12 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this book, but it does have a beautiful cover! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am almost done with the book.

      It is enjoyable.

      Thanks for stopping, Library Huntress.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Both covers are "pull-ins," and they both are good reads.

      Thanks for stopping, Kay.

      Delete
  3. The book begins well--I like the description.

    Enjoy your weekend, Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a good read.

      Thanks for stopping, Suko.

      Delete
  4. Both of these books sound like winners. when a book has "beautiful writing," I'm sold!
    My Friday post features THE LIGHT OF HIDDEN FLOWERS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes...beautiful writing.

      Thanks for stopping, Sandra.

      Delete
  5. I haven't made much progress with my reading this past week either. :)
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straightforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a slow poke this week.

      Thanks for stopping, Diane.

      Delete
  6. I like the beginning of I'll See You in Paris and I think the cover is interesting. I absolutely love the cover for In Another LIfe. Here's my Friday meme

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love both covers.

      I am almost done with I'll See You In Paris. If I get off of this computer I should finish the book. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Maria.

      Delete