Friday, January 29, 2016

Book Beginnings - 1/29/16


*Please join Rose City Reader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.  *Taken directly from Rose City Reader's Blog Page.
 ***************

My book beginnings is taken from FLIGHT OF DREAMS by Ariel Lawhon:

 

"It's a bad idea, don't you think?"  Emilie asks, standing inside the kitchen door, propping it open with her foot.  "Striking a match in here?  You could blow us all to oblivion."

I am looking forward to reading FLIGHT OF DREAMS.  Ms. Lawhon's first book was quite good.

THE WIFE, THE MAID, AND THE MISTRESS is based on a true event as is FLIGHT OF DREAMS. 

 
***********
I finished this book Wednesday night at 1:30 a.m. - I couldn't put it down.   :)

 

MISSING PIECES was a guess-right-until-the-end mystery.

My review will be on my blog on February 1.

 ******************

13 comments:

  1. I hope Flight of Dreams is as good as the two other books I have finished so far in January.

    Thanks for stopping everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Flight of Dreams cover! Sounds like it will be a good book. Missing Pieces is on my TBR too, glad to hear it's a great read!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping it isn't strictly technical.

      Her first book was terrific.

      Missing Pieces is really good.

      ENJOY when you read Missing Pieces.

      Thanks for stopping, Lori Bree.

      Delete
  3. Looking forward to your review, Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary. Missing Pieces was very good.

      Thanks for stopping, Mary.

      Delete
  4. I am definitely looking forward to Flight of Dreams. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure it will be very good.

      As I mentioned, I just hope it isn't going to be too technical.

      Thanks for stopping, Laurel.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. The ones I read were very good.

      Thanks for stopping, Emma.

      Delete
  6. The beginning takes us right into an interesting conversation that also calls for our curiosity. :)
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straightforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a pretty interesting beginning.

      Thanks for stopping, Diane.

      Delete
  7. Flight of Dreams looks so good and has generated a little forthcoming buzz. I really like the look of Missing Pieces, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope Flight of Dreams is good...I am sure it is.

      Missing Pieces was awesome.

      Thanks for stopping, Kathy Reads Fiction.

      Delete