Monday, January 18, 2016

Mailbox Monday - 1/18/16

 
Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week. (Library books don’t count, but eBooks & audiobooks do).

Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles, and humongous wish lists!

Mailbox Monday, created by Marcia @ A Girl and Her Books, has a permanent home now at Mailbox Monday.

 
 *****************
Every week Mailbox Monday will have a new linky posted for our Mailbox Monday links at Marcia's Mailbox Monday blog.
Here’s a shout out to the new administrators:

Leslie of Under My Apple Tree 
Vicki of I’d Rather Be at the Beach
Serena @ Savvy Verse And Wit 

THANKS to everyone for keeping Mailbox Monday alive.

*************** 
I hope you had a good mailbox.

After two empty weeks, I received some books.  :)
***************
On Friday, January 15, I received:

1.  MISSING PIECES by Heather Gudenkauf, courtesy of Emer Flounders of Harper Collins.


This was a surprise.  

Publication date is February 2.  

It looks good...thanks, Emer. 

2.  WHAT SHE KNEW by Gilly MacMillan, courtesy of  Amelia Wood of Harper Collins.

 

The publication date was December 1, but I just received it.  

I will fit it in at some point.  :)

Has anyone read this book yet? 
***************
How about your mailbox?

 Any titles in your mailbox that you were excited about seeing?
***************




28 comments:

  1. Enjoy your new books Elizabeth. This was a good mailbox week for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I am looking forward to them both.

      Thanks for stopping, Kathy.

      Delete
  3. I did read What She Knew, but the British name is Burnt Paper Sky and that's where my copy was from. Anyway, I liked it - a scary story. And I'm really wanting to read Missing Pieces. Will have that as my Waiting on Wednesday book this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scary as in Stephen King scary? He is too scary for me.

      Thanks for the info, and thanks for stopping, Kay.

      Delete
    2. Not Stephen King - that would be horror in my book. Scary as in your child is gone. Every mother's most scary - right?

      Delete
    3. Thanks, Kay.

      Good it isn't like Stephen King, but a missing child is definitely quite awful.

      Delete
  4. I haven't read either but I'll bet they're good. Have a great week, Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary.

      You have a good week too, and thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  5. I loved both of these books...I just finished Missing Pieces on the weekend...cannot wait until her next book! Enjoy.

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only read one other book by the author of Missing Pieces. It was good.

      Thanks for stopping, Laurel.

      Delete
  6. I can't say I have books come into my mailbox but I'm reading a paperback that I snapped up at Barnes & Noble on January 2nd - the ever lauded The Duke and I by Julia Quinn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ENJOY your book, and thanks for stopping, Stefanie.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping, Tribute Books Mama.

      Delete
  8. Hi Elizabeth,

    'What She Knew' is already on my list, as it has featured on several blogs and has received a fair few good ratings and reviews.

    I have only just noticed that author Gilly Macmillan, is a fellow Swindonian by birth, so that's another great reason to support her work!

    Thanks for sharing and have a good reading week :)

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to hear it is good.

      I have to ask what a Swindonian is. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Yvonne.

      Delete
    2. A Swindonian is a native of Swindon, a large town in the county of Wiltshire, in the south of the UK.

      http://www.visitwiltshire.co.uk/towns-and-villages/swindon-p1501903

      I haven't really moved too far away, as Frome is only about 50 miles due west. My family still live there and we get back to visit at least once a month :)

      I hope that you are having an okay week.

      Yvonne

      Delete
    3. Thanks for the geography lesson, Yvonne. :)

      Delete
  9. These both look like titles to enjoy. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Reading to you too.

      Thanks for stopping, Martha.

      Delete
  10. Missing Pieces is on my TBR list! Should be a good one! I hope you enjoy it!

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to reading the book after all these glowing comments.

      Thanks for stopping, Suzanne.

      Delete
  11. MISSING PIECES by Heather Gudenkauf looks great. Enjoy! :)
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straightforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diane, and thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  12. I haven't heard of either of these, but they sound fabulous. I've seen What She Knew around places.

    Hope you enjoy your books. Thanks for visiting The Busy Mom's Daily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cheryl.

      I hope you are enjoying your reading week too.

      Thanks for stopping.

      Delete