Monday, January 25, 2016

Mailbox Monday - 1/25/16

 
Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week. (Library books don’t count, but eBooks & audiobooks do).

Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles, and humongous wish lists!

Mailbox Monday, created by Marcia @ A Girl and Her Books, has a permanent home now at Mailbox Monday.

 
 *****************
Every week Mailbox Monday will have a new linky posted for our Mailbox Monday links at Marcia's Mailbox Monday blog.
Here’s a shout out to the new administrators:

Leslie of Under My Apple Tree 
Vicki of I’d Rather Be at the Beach
Serena @ Savvy Verse And Wit 

THANKS to everyone for keeping Mailbox Monday alive.

*************** 
I hope you had a good mailbox.

Friday was a record mailbox day.  :)
***************
On Thursday, January 21, I received:

1.  THE SILVER WITCH by Paula Brackston, courtesy of Jessica Preeg of St. Martin's Press.

There will be a giveaway on my blog on February 17 in celebration of the paperback release of THE SILVER WITCH.

 

Mark your calendars.  

Isn't that cover gorgeous?

************

On Friday, January 22, I received:

1.  THE PASSENGER by Lisa Lutz, courtesy of Ebony LaDelle of Simon & Schuster.


 

2.  FLIGHT OF DREAMS by Ariel Lawhon, courtesy of Judy Jacoby of Penguin Random House.


I really enjoyed Ms. Lawhon's other book, THE WIFE, THE MAID, AND THE MISTRESS.

3.  THE CHARM BRACELET by Viola Shipman, courtesy of Shelf Awareness and St. Martin's Press.  It was a contest win.

 

***************
How about your mailbox?

 Any titles in your mailbox that you were excited about seeing?
***************

35 comments:

  1. I've been seeing The Passenger around and it looks interesting so keen to hear what you think when you get to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There seems to be two books with the same name but different authors.

      I keep seeing the other book with the boat on the cover.

      Thanks for stopping, Deborah.

      Delete
    2. Hi Elizabeth and Deborah,

      Check out the alternative cover art I found for the Lisa Lutz book, spooky or what?

      http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/l/lisa-lutz/passenger.htm

      Yvonne

      Delete
  2. I have all 3 of your Friday books on my list to read. All look promising. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome - great to hear I will have someone to discuss the books with. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Kay.

      Delete
  3. Looks like a terrific mailbox! The Silver Witch & Flight of Dreams are on my 'To Read' list. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to share my copy of The Silver Witch. I really don't read that genre, but I love the cover.

      Thanks for stopping, Pat.

      Delete
  4. Looks like you have some great books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so looking forward to reading all of them.

      Thanks for stopping, Serena.

      Delete
  5. The cover for The Silver Witch is so inviting. I really want to know what the novel is about! Have a good week, Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is a series, Mary.

      I believe it is set in Celtic times. It has magic and paranormal traits.

      Thanks for stopping, Mary.

      Delete
  6. Hi Elizabeth,

    As you might have gathered 'The Passenger' is at the top of my reading list from your selection this week, although I am intrigued by 'The Charm Bracelet' - I might wait for your reviews of both before making my decision.

    Hope you are well and enjoy your week :)

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Passenger does look good.

      The Charm Bracelet was one I turned down, and then all of a sudden I won a copy. LOL!!

      Thanks for stopping, Yvonne.

      Delete
  7. Some good titles in your mailbox, some of them caught my eye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy about my mailbox.

      Thanks for stopping, Tribute Books Mama.

      Delete
  8. I have The Passenger...looking forward to it! Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope we both like The Passenger.

      Thanks for stopping, Laurel.

      Delete
  9. Most of these are on my TBR list. After seeing The Charm Bracelet, they all are! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can compare notes on all of them. I enjoy doing that.

      Thanks for stopping, Nise.

      Delete
  10. You got some great books! The Passenger and Flight of Dreams are books I've seen on other blogs that caught my eye. Enjoy your reading week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura.

      I am looking forward to reading both of those books.

      Thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  11. So many great book covers and interesting plots. Hope you enjoy all of them.

    http://www.thebusymomsdaily.com/2016/01/mailbox-monday-jan-25.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cheryl.

      I think I will enjoy them.

      Thanks for stopping, Cheryl.

      Delete
  12. These all look great! THE SILVER WITCH seems like my type of book; I always find Celtic mythology interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am excited about reading them.

      Thanks for stopping, Book Blather.

      Delete
  13. What a beautiful cover on The Silver Witch. Hope you enjoy all your new reads. :)
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straightforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice week. The Passenger and Flight of Dreams are both on my eager-to-read list. I got turned down for a galley of Flight of Dreams, so I'll just have to wait for the audio!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually asked the publisher for a copy of Flight of Dreams. :)

      They graciously sent me a copy. I loved Ms. Lawhon's other book.

      Thanks for stopping, Leslie.

      Delete
    2. I asked on NetGalley which is always hit or miss as you can't include a letter with the request. No problem though, I'll just wait for the audio.

      Delete
    3. Ok.

      Audio should be good.

      Thanks for your reply, Leslie.

      Delete
  15. I've heard a lot of good about Paula Brackston's writing, and The Passenger looks very intriguing. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kay, and thank you for stopping.

      Delete
  16. I received Flight of Dreams too and am so excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am reading it...I like it.

      Thanks for stopping, stacybuckeye.

      Delete