Friday, February 19, 2016

Book Beginnings - 2/19/16


*Please join Rose City Reader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.  *Taken directly from Rose City Reader's Blog Page.
 ***************
My book beginnings is taken from GLORY OVER EVERYTHING by Kathleen Grissom:



"Robert's familiar rap on the door came as I was studying a miniature portrait of myself.  The small painting, meant as a parting gift to my beloved, had just been delivered, and I was debating the artist's interpretation."
 **********
I finished this book last week.

THE PASSENGER by Lisa Lutz. 

What a thriller!!  

Review is in the book's title.

 ******************


15 comments:

  1. What good book are you reading?

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how Glory starts and would love to read this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am about a quarter of the way through it.

      It is good.

      Thanks for stopping, Harvee Lau.

      Delete
  3. I really loved The Passenger! Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very good.

      Thanks for stopping, Laurel.

      Delete
  4. Hi - I'm actually a little confused by the opening of Glory Over Everything. Probably just me. :)
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straightforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a bit misleading.

      The book goes back and forth in time.

      Thanks for stopping, Diane.

      Delete
  5. I like the beginning of "Glory" - will have to have to read the first book - The Kitchen House first though. I will have to check out The Passenger too...here's my Friday meme

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first book will help with background, but not necessary.

      Thanks for stopping, Maria.

      Delete
  6. Aww the BB is so sad! It breaks my heart just a little, you know? I'm thinking she must be terminally ill. I hope you enjoy the read x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing like that, Amy.

      Thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  7. I am really interested in the first book because of the cover and the opening line. Also, I finished The Little Paris Bookshop finally. I loved parts of it, especially the bits about the importance of books. Thanks for the recommendaiton.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I have The Little Paris Bookshop. Wonderful to know it is good.

      Thanks for stopping, Anne.

      Delete
  8. Off to read your review of The Passenger ... it sure is making a splash!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoyed my review and will be able to read The Passenger.

      Thanks for stopping, guiltless reader.

      Delete