Friday, March 11, 2016

Book Beginnings - 3/11/16


*Please join Rose City Reader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.  *Taken directly from Rose City Reader's Blog Page.
 ***************
My book beginnings is taken from THE SECRETS OF FLIGHT by Maggie Leffler:


"It was my eighty-seventh birthday when my sister Sarah walked into the meeting room of the Carnegie Library.  Somehow she was still a young girl of about fifteen, with pale blond hair in a single braid down her back, just as she'd been when she scrambled up the climbing tree in the backyard and tossed apples to me on the ground below."

Looks like a great read.  Wonderful description. 
**********
I finished this book last week:  

THE OTHER WIDOW by Susan Crawford

I really enjoyed this book.  Great story line.
 ******************

13 comments:

  1. I hope you are reading a good book.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this book looks lovely. Such a nice cover and I'm assuming it's about women flying? Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure, Kay.

      I have only read a few pages.

      The beginning definitely pulled me in.

      Thanks for stopping, Kay.

      Delete
  3. These both look very tempting...I've been ogling The Other Widow...but now I am fascinated by a character having her 87th birthday.

    Here's mine: “THE GIRL IN THE RED COAT”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will LOVE The Other Widow, Laurel.

      An 87-year-old would be fascinating.

      I want to read The Girl In The Red Coat. I will stop by your blog a little later.

      Thanks for stopping, Laurel.

      Delete
  4. I love the cover for The Secrets Of Flight and the beginning is very interesting as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover and beginning are both very enticing.

      Thanks for stopping, Whitney Behr.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a great beginning. It would tend to draw me in pretty quickly. :)
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straightforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a terrific beginning.

      Thanks for stopping, Diane.

      Delete
  6. I like this book beginning. Enjoy your weekend, Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really pulls you in.

      I am enjoying it.

      Thanks for stopping, Suko.

      Delete
  7. I like the beginning of The Secrets of Flight - it sounds good and it's the first time I've seen it...here's my Friday meme

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty good so far.

      Thanks for stopping, Maria.

      Delete