Monday, March 28, 2016

Mailbox Monday - 3/28/16


 
Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week. (Library books don’t count, but eBooks & audiobooks do).

Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles, and humongous wish lists!

Mailbox Monday, created by Marcia @ A Girl and Her Books, has a permanent home now at Mailbox Monday.

 
 *****************
Every week Mailbox Monday will have a new linky posted for our Mailbox Monday links at Marcia's Mailbox Monday blog.
Here’s a shout out to the new administrators:

Leslie of Under My Apple Tree 
Vicki of I’d Rather Be at the Beach
Serena @ Savvy Verse And Wit 

THANKS to everyone for keeping Mailbox Monday alive.

*************** 
I hope you had a good mailbox.  

I had a few surprise books and a record book day on Monday.

 I am on my way home on the train.
***************
On Monday, March 21, I received:

1.  A MAN OF GENIUS by Janet Todd, courtesy of Meryl Zegarek and Rachel Hundert of Meryl Zegarek Public Relations, Inc.

A surprise book.  Gorgeous cover...love it.

 

2.  LILY AND THE OCTOPUS by Steven Rowley, courtesy of Simon & Schuster.

Looks cute.  :)  Another surprise book.

 
3.  STARS OVER SUNSET BOULEVARD by Susan Meissner courtesy of Caitlin Valenziano of Penguin Random House and Suzy Missirlian, publicist @Suzy4PR.



On Wednesday, March 23, I received:

1.  NOTHING BUT ECHOES by Anne Montgomery, courtesy of the author.


***************
How about your mailbox?

 Any titles in your mailbox that you were excited about seeing?
***************


23 comments:

  1. Nice mailbox! Stars Over Sunset Boulevard looks particularly interesting to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really good. Half way through it.

      Hopefully will finish it on the train unless I spend too much time as usual playing on my blog. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Kathy.

      Delete
  2. Lily and The Octopus looks cute - hope its a good read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes...I agree.

      Looks very cute.

      Thanks for stopping, Mary.

      Delete
  3. This feature has really made me aware of how many books come into my house every week compared to how many I finish reading. Towering TBR piles indeed! I received two used books I had ordered for my 1962 reading project: A Shade of Difference by Allen Drury and Ararat by Stella Wilchek. I also got the April pick from The Nervous Breakdown Book Club: I'm From Electric Peak by Bud Smith. A Man of Genius looks good to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had a lot of slow weeks lately, but I like it.

      ENJOY your books, Judy, and thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks, Serena, and thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  5. I was just reading about Lily and the Octopus. It does sound good. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nise, and thanks for stopping.

      It does look cute.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary Ann.

      I am looking forward to reading all of these.

      Delete
  7. Nice haul. I'm most interested in STARS OVER SUNSET BOULEVARD by Susan Meissner.
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straightforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a good read. I am almost done with the book.

      Enjoying it.

      Thanks for stopping, Diane.

      Delete
  8. Saw Lily and the Octopus at another blog too. Sounds good. But Nothing But Echoes really gets my attention. I hope you enjoy your books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope Nothing But Echoes is good. It sounded good.

      Thanks for stopping, Martha.

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. I was excited for all my new books.

      Thanks for stopping, Deb.

      Delete
  10. A Man of Genius sounds good, and you're right : the cover is gorgeous. But I have to say my attention was caught by Lily and the Octopus : I must find out what this book is about! Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lily and the Octopus looks so adorable.

      Thanks for stopping, Kay.

      Delete
  11. Great week you had! I have seen Lily and the Octopus on quite a few lists this week and I think I really need to check it out. Hope this next week is just as good! My Weekly Wrap-Up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been popular.

      Thanks for stopping, Laura at 125Pages.

      Delete
  12. These look like good books. I have my eye on the first one.

    ReplyDelete