Friday, April 15, 2016

Book Beginnings - 4/15/16

 

*Please join Rose City Reader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.  *Taken directly from Rose City Reader's Blog Page.
 ***************
I haven't started another book so this is the same as last week.

I am almost finished with the book.  It doesn't have that much of a mystery, but is a great family saga.

My book beginnings is taken from WILDE LAKE by Laura Lippman:


"When my brother was eighteen, he broke his arm in an accident that ended in another young man's death.  I wish I could tell you that we mourned the boy who died, but we did not.  He was the one with murder in his heart, and sure enough, death found him that night.  Funny how that works."
**********
I finished these books the last two weeks:

BRITT-MARIE WAS HERE by Fredrik Backman:

 
Review will be up April 15.

A delightful read.
 **********
STARS OVER SUNSET BOULEVARD by Susan Meissner

A lovely, heartwarming book about friendship that started on the filming stages of Gone With The Wind.

My review is in the book's title.
 ******************


13 comments:

  1. Happy Reading Weekend!!

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate weeks when I can't get to read. Hope this one is better.

    I'm featuring Between you and me this week. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a bad reading week for sure. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Bev.

      Delete
  3. I can't wait to get Wilde Lake..I love all of Lippman's books that I've read.

    I also want to read Britt-Marie was here.

    Thanks for sharing...and here's mine: “HAVE NO SHAME”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wilde Lake is pretty good. More a family saga than a mystery.

      Britt-Marie is an adorable read.

      Thanks for stopping, Laurel.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I just finished the book.

      A good read...the mystery and secrets all came out in the end. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Wooly Cakes and Wooden Spoons.

      Delete
  5. Yes! This is the kind of beginning I like -- one that makes you very curious to continue reading. :)
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straightforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a bit slow at first, but a great family saga, and a good mystery in the end.

      Thanks for stopping, Diane.

      Delete
  6. Elizabeth, thanks for sharing this book's beginning. I am interested in reading Wilde Lake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty good if you can wait for the mystery. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Suko.

      Delete
  7. This book surely starts with a bang! And it sounds pretty good too :)
    S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty good.

      Thanks for stopping, You may say I'm a reader.

      Delete