Friday, April 22, 2016

Book Beginnings - 4/22/16

 

*Please join Rose City Reader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.  *Taken directly from Rose City Reader's Blog Page.
 ***************
My book beginnings is taken from I LET YOU GO by Claire MacKintosh:
 
"Detective Inspector Ray Stevens stood next to the window and contemplated his office chair, on which an arm had been broken for at least a year.  Until now he had simply taken the pragmatic approach of not leaning on the left side, but while he was at lunch someone had scrawled "Defective" in black marker pen across the back of it."

I have seen this book on a number of blogs.  I am almost done with the book, and it is excellent.
**********
I finished these books the last two weeks:

THE BLUE BATH by Mary Waters-Sayer:

Review will be May 9.
**********
WILDE LAKE by Laura Lippman:


Review on May 3.
 ******************

15 comments:

  1. Happy Friday!

    Happy Reading!!

    I hope the book you are reading is wonderful.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to reading I Let You Go next month sometime. I hope we both love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still need to start reading.

      I hope we both love it too.

      Thanks for stopping, Mary.

      Delete
  3. Thoughtful beginning. I look forward to your review of WILDE LAKE by Laura Lippman. I've read a couple of her books. :)
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straightforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a pretty good read.

      The mystery definitely was hidden. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Diane.

      Delete
  4. I love the cover for The Blue Bath.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know....it is gorgeous.

      Thanks for stopping, fredamans.

      Delete
  5. I've been wanting to read I Let You Go. Enjoy!

    Here's mine: “THE OBSESSION”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks....I hope to start it soon.

      Thanks for stopping, Laurel.

      Delete
  6. Interesting beginning for I Let You Go. I've been curious about this one. Thanks for sharing, and happy reading this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Reading Week to you too.

      Thanks for stopping, JLS Hall.

      Delete
  7. This is the first time I've seen "I Let You Go" and I like the beginning...definitely makes me want to know more! Here's my Friday meme

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have read about 50 pages so far.

      It is VERY good....tense read.

      Thanks for stopping, Maria.

      Delete
  8. I really like that cover and I'll admit it that totally sounds like something I would do - just lean on the other side. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am almost done with I LET YOU GO, and it is really good.

      Thanks for stopping, Lauren.

      Delete