Friday, April 29, 2016

Book Beginnings - 4/29/16

 

*Please join Rose City Reader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.  *Taken directly from Rose City Reader's Blog Page.
 ***************
My book beginnings is taken from SO CLOSE TO HOME by Michael J. Tougias and Alison O'Leary:

"In January 1942, a handful of German submarines, called U-boats (short for Unterseeboot), cruised toward the American shores, ready to change the dynamics of the war that had been under way in Europe for over two years."
**********
I finished these books the last three weeks:

THE CURIOUS CHARMS OF ARTHUR PEPPER by Phaedra Patrick:


 

An excerpt from my review:
 
"THE CURIOUS CHARMS OF ARTHUR PEPPER is an adorable, enchanting, uplifting read.  Be prepared to fall in love with Arthur Pepper."

Absolutely LOVED this book.

Review and Giveaway on May 4.
********** 
I LET YOU GO by Claire MacKintosh:

A chilling read.

Take a look at this post for more information about the book.
 
Review will be May 10.
**********
THE BLUE BATH by Mary Waters-Sayer:

Review and Giveaway will be May 9.
**********
WILDE LAKE by Laura Lippman:


Review on May 3.
 ******************

15 comments:

  1. Happy Reading!!

    I hope you are enjoying a good book.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Close to Home sounds really interesting. I'll also have to stop back for your Laura Lippman review -- I love her books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wilde Lake was good.

      I enjoy her books too.

      I am going to start Close to Home today.

      Thanks for stopping, Whitney.

      Delete
  3. SO CLOSE TO HOME by Michael J. Tougias and Alison O'Leary sounds interesting. It is a fictional account or a historical book?
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straightforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From the cover:

      "A True Story of an American Family's Fight for Survival During World War II."

      I am looking forward to starting it.

      Thanks for stopping, Diane.

      Delete
  4. So Close to Home is on my list. It sounds harrowing and interesting. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound intense.

      Thanks for stopping, Heather.

      Delete
  5. I'll have to check out So Close to Home it sounds interesting!

    Danica @ A Redheaded Bookworm
    Red Rising

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started reading it today.

      Not bad so far.

      Thanks for stopping, Danica.

      Delete
  6. The book beginning for So Close To Home is very interesting - sounds good! Here's my Friday meme

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It isn't bad. A bit too much technical stuff for me.

      Good writing and research, though.

      Thanks for stopping, Maria.

      Delete
  7. These all look so tempting...I want Wilde Lake and I Let You Go...and The Blue Bath. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you get to read all of them.

    Thanks for stopping, Laurel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm making my way through Wilde Lake right now! I look forward to seeing what you thought of it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed the book, but it seemed more of a family saga than a mystery.

      I do hope you still stop back for my review.

      Thanks for stopping, Ethan.

      Delete