Friday, April 8, 2016

Book Beginnings - 4/8/16


*Please join Rose City Reader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.  *Taken directly from Rose City Reader's Blog Page.
 ***************
My book beginnings is taken from A MAN OF GENIUS by Janet Todd:
"She met Robert James in St. Paul's Churchyard.  The bookseller J. F. Hughes held a dinner once a week for his distinguished writers and a few hacks."
Love the cover - gorgeous.  Not sure if I like the book yet.  :)
**********
I finished these books the last two weeks:

BRITT-MARIE WAS HERE by Fredrik Backman:

 
Review will be up April 15.

A delightful read.
 **********
STARS OVER SUNSET BOULEVARD by Susan Meissner

A lovely, heartwarming book about friendship that started on the filming stages of Gone With The Wind.

My review is in the book's title.
 ******************




11 comments:

  1. I hope you are reading a good book.

    Thanks for stopping

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so impressed that you schedule your book reviews. I was just thinking that I should write a bunch of reviews for books I have read but not reviewed and just schedule them for later release dates. That way I will have some blog posts waiting in the wings. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes....I do it on or before the publication date or whenever the publisher requests.

      You are welcome for the idea.

      Thanks for stopping, Anne.

      Delete
  3. All three books sound good. Stars Over Sunset Boulevard sounds especially appealing.
    My Friday post features LONGSHOT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stars was a nice read.

      Thanks for stopping, Sandra.

      Delete
  4. I, too, like the cover and am intrigued by the bookseller's dinners. I would read on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually stopped.

      Too many characters and too confusing.

      Thanks for stopping, Heather.

      Delete
  5. I like the looks and the sound of your snippets. :)

    Happy reading!

    Check out my Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings).

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a curious beginning, but maybe a little more to get up ones curiosity. :)
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straightforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually didn't like it.

      Thanks for stopping, Diane.

      Delete