Monday, April 25, 2016

Mailbox Monday - 4/25/16



 
Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week.

Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles, and humongous wish lists!

Mailbox Monday, created by Marcia @ A Girl and Her Books, has a permanent home now at Mailbox Monday.

 
 *****************
Every week Mailbox Monday will have a new linky posted for our Mailbox Monday links at Marcia's Mailbox Monday blog.
Here’s a shout out to the new administrators:

Leslie of Under My Apple Tree 
Vicki of I’d Rather Be at the Beach
Serena @ Savvy Verse And Wit 

THANKS to everyone for keeping Mailbox Monday alive.

*************** 
I hope you had a good mailbox.  
***************
On Monday, April 18, I received:

1.  THE HOUSE OF HAWTHORNE by Erika Robuck, courtesy of Caitlin Valenziano of Penguin Random House.

This is the paperback edition.  

The cover is different from this one.  I like the paperback cover better.  I couldn't find the paperback cover to display.


On Wednesday, April 20, I received:

1.  A MAN CALLED OVE by Fredrik Backman, courtesy of Ariele Fredman of Simon &  Schuster.

 

 I am excited to finally have a copy of this book.

29 comments:

  1. Enjoy any new books you received.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. That is what I hear. :)

      The publisher said it was her favorite book of his.

      Thanks for stopping, Kathy.

      Delete
  3. Both look like great reads. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debbie.

      Thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  4. I hope you love House of Hawthorne as much as I did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks good. I hope I like it too.

      Thanks for stopping, Serena.

      Delete
  5. Hope you enjoy them. A Man Called Ove looks very interesting. :)
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straightforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear nothing but rave reviews about it.

      Thanks for stopping, Diane.

      Delete
  6. I just finished Britt-Marie Was Here and while I liked it, I liked A Man Called Ove more. I hope you enjoy it! And who knows, maybe if I'd read Britt-Marie first I'd have liked that more than Ove, lol. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...I hear A Man Called Ove is the most favorite. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Mary.

      Delete
  7. I loved A Man Called Ove! Such a good story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to reading it.

      Thanks for stopping, Susanne.

      Delete
  8. The House of Hawthorne sounds very interesting, I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a popular book in mailboxes this week.

      Thanks for stopping, Victoria.

      Delete
  9. I will have to check into A Man Called Ove - I think it is on my Audible Wish list. Enjoy your reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping, Martha.

      Mr. Backman's books are quite good.

      Delete
  10. I keep seeing The House of Hawthorne around. It looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does look good.

      Thanks for stopping, DeniseF.

      Delete
  11. Nice haul! I have Ove on my shelf too, though in French translation. I have yet to read it but heard many great things about it. Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has gotten terrific reviews.

      Thanks for stopping, Kay.

      Delete
  12. I really liked A Man Called Ove. Hope you will enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure I will like it. I have heard so many good things about it.

      Thanks for stopping, Harvee Lau.

      Delete
  13. These books sound very interesting! Thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping, Dani.

      I am looking forward to reading them.

      Delete
  14. A Man Called Ove is in my reading pile too. I keep reading good reviews so it stays near the front!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear it is very good.

      Thanks for stopping, Leslie.

      Delete