Friday, May 20, 2016

Book Beginnings - 5/20/16

 

*Please join Rose City Reader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.  *Taken directly from Rose City Reader's Blog Page.
 ***************
My book beginnings is taken from FLIGHT PATTERNS by Karen White:


"Dead bees fell from the bruised dusk sky, their papery bodies somersaulting in the air, ricocheting like spent shells off the azure-painted roof of the hive."

I am reading the same book as last week, but I am LOVING this book.

I am out of town but will check back when I return. 
**********
I finished these books the last three weeks:

A CERTAIN AGE by Beatriz Williams:

 

Another lovely novel by Beatriz Williams.  It was difficult to get connected, but the ending was worth the wait.

Review will be on June 28.

THE CURIOUS CHARMS OF ARTHUR PEPPER by Phaedra Patrick:

 

Review is in the book's title.
LOVED this book.
********** 
SO CLOSE TO HOME by Michael J. Tougias and Alison O'Leary:


Review is in the book's title.
********** 
THE BLUE BATH by Mary Waters-Sayer:


Review and Giveaway will be May 9 through 16.

We have a winner...it is Barbara from Pennsylvania.  CONGRATS!!
 **********
I LET YOU GO by Claire MacKintosh:

A chilling read.

Take a look at this post for more information about the book.
 
Review in book's title.
 ******************










19 comments:

  1. Happy Reading!!

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked Flight Patterns. I thought it was a terrific book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am almost done with the book and LOVE it.

      Thanks for stopping, Harvee Lau.

      Delete
  3. The last book is the one I have been trying to track. Sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes...very good.

      ENJOY when you read it.

      Thanks for stopping, Mystica.

      Delete
  4. Great images in your book. I'm curious. This week I am spotlighting Marked in Flesh by Anne Bishop. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh...the books is marvelous.

      Thanks for stopping, Kathy.

      Delete
  5. I can't wait to get Flight Patterns...lovely excerpt.

    Here's mine: “THE ORPHAN CHOIR”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is SO good. I am almost done.

      Thanks for stopping, Laurel.

      Delete
  6. Glad you're liking the book. Have fun while you're away. :)
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straightforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.

      I am helping my sister with my niece's graduation party.

      I will give details next week.

      Thanks for stopping, Diane.

      Delete
  7. I've read other books by Karen White and enjoyed them, so I'm sure I'd like this one too. Great description in the opening.
    My Friday post features THE LIE THAT TELLS A TRUTH.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all of her books. Flight Patterns is very good.

      Thanks for stopping, Sandra.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Oh yes, and the entire book is wonderful.

      Thanks for stopping, Wooly Cakes and Wooden Spoons.

      Delete
  9. Well, it looks like you have busy with good books. I hope your trip away from home was for a fun reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A very fun reason...it is my niece's graduation. I am helping with the party. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Anne.

      Delete
  10. This is the first time I've seen this book - looks good. Here's my Friday meme

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am almost done with the book and am loving it.

      I always enjoy Karen White's books.

      Thanks for stopping, Maria.

      Delete