Monday, May 16, 2016

Mailbox Monday - 5/16/16


 
Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week.

Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles, and humongous wish lists!

Mailbox Monday, created by Marcia @ A Girl and Her Books, has a permanent home now at Mailbox Monday.
 *****************
Every week Mailbox Monday will have a new linky posted for our Mailbox Monday links at Marcia's Mailbox Monday blog.
Here’s a shout out to the new administrators:

Leslie of Under My Apple Tree 
Vicki of I’d Rather Be at the Beach
Serena @ Savvy Verse And Wit 

THANKS to everyone for keeping Mailbox Monday alive.
*************** 
I hope you had a good mailbox.  
***************
On Tuesday, May 11, I received:

1.  LIAR, LIAR by M. J. Arlidge, courtesy of Loren Jaggers of Penguin Random House.


On Friday, May 13, I received:

**A Box of Books from Dey Street and Kendra Newton of Harper Collins.  I won these books in a random drawing at The Harper Collins Fall 2016 BEA Blogger Preview Event that was held online on May 5.**

The event was quite fun, and you can view it at the link above.  It takes a bit to get the video started so don't go away.  :)  You will enjoy it.

I will be sharing the books with friends and family...not really my genre, but so nice to have won.

1.  THE WORLD ACCORDING TO STARS WARS by Cass R. Sunstein.



2.  THE FORTRESS by Danielle Trussoni.



3.  IT'S OKAY TO LAUGH (CRYING IS COOL TOO) by Nora McInery Purmort.



4.  SEX OBJECT A MEMOIR by Jessica Valenti.



5.  THE VEGAS DIARIES by Holly Madison. 




31 comments:

  1. Happy Reading Monday!!

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the great win! I didn't get to watch the Harper Collins event live but I did watch it later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The event was a lot of fun.

      Thanks for stopping, Kathy.

      Delete
  3. I watched it a little late - after seeing all the tweets. Not sure why I didn't know about it ahead of time. Congrats on the win!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of fun.

      Thanks for stopping, Mary.

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the win! Sex Object and It's Okay to Laugh are on my tbr. Thanks for the tip on the video- I'll check it out!
    Happy reading & have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...it was a very fun event. I enjoyed seeing publicists who I recognized and/or met. :)

      Thanks for stopping, readingdate.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on your win! It looks like an interesting variety of books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very interesting!!

      Thanks for stopping, Pat.

      Delete
  6. A nice mix of reads, enjoy! your win.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of different books.

      Thanks for stopping, Mary Ann.

      Delete
  7. Lovin' the cover of Liar, Liar. Synopsis makes it sound like a great read. :)
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straightforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound good.

      Thanks for stopping, Diane.

      Delete
  8. The World According to Star Wars looks intriguing. Happy Reading Week! Mary @SplendidSummer

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just read Eeny Meeny, so I'm looking forward to the rest of the series.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I guess I better start paying attention to contests more often now. Looks like a nice book of loot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check back...I don't have any new ones coming up, though.

      Thanks for stopping, SueFitz.

      Delete
  11. Congratulations on the win, and than.ks again for visiting my blog and commenting

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the win - nice mix of books! I like the sound/looks of The World According to Star Wars.
    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of different titles.

      Thanks for stopping, Martha.

      Delete
  13. Congrats on the win. HarperCollins did a wonderful job presenting the upcoming books. I hope they make that a regular event.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a wonderful presentation.

      I think it was only because of the BEA being in Chicago, but not sure.

      It would be great if they do it every year.

      Thanks for stopping, Leslie.

      Delete
  14. Congrats on the win. I see a few that interest me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vicki.

      Thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  15. Lots of new to me books you have there! I will have to look into them...

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you find some you like.

      Thanks for stopping, Dani.

      Delete