Friday, June 10, 2016

Book Beginnings - 6/10/16

 

*Please join Rose City Reader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.  *Taken directly from Rose City Reader's Blog Page. 
 *************** 
My book beginnings is taken from THE MEMORY OF LEMON by Judith Fertig:

 

"Lydia, the twenty-something bride-to-be, sat stony faced on the settee in my front parlor.  This was not the way I wanted to start the week.  Since I'd opened my bakery in Millcreek Valley's bridal district in January, I had learned a lot about wooing, in the business sense."

I LOVED her book THE CAKE THERAPIST.  

THE MEMORY OF LEMON is equally as good, and the familiar characters bring the nice warmth of the characters back.  
**********
I finished these books the last three weeks: 

LIAR, LIAR by M. J. Arlidge:

Excellent thriller.  I never read a book by this author...loved the book.  

Review will be on June 21.


**********

THE GIRLS IN THE GARDEN by Lisa Jewell:

A good read, but very odd characters.  :)

Review link is the book's title. 

**********
FLIGHT PATTERNS by Karen White:



Absolutely LOVED this book.  

Review link is in the book's title.
**********
A CERTAIN AGE by Beatriz Williams:

 

Another lovely novel by Beatriz Williams.  It was difficult to get connected, but the ending was worth the wait.

Review will be on June 28.
 ******************









17 comments:

  1. I actually finished THE MEMORY OF LEMON last night.

    I had this post ready to go, but was too tired to change it. :)

    Very good book.

    Have a good weekend, and thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Memory of Lemon looks good. I have this on my list and can't wait to read it. Happy reading and have a wonderful day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good.

      Thanks for stopping, Stacey.

      Delete
  3. Memory of Lemon is a great title; I like lemon everything and have 2 lemon trees. Good to hear you liked the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lemon is good.

      Thanks for stopping, Terra.

      Delete
  4. The beginning is cute. Good pic. :)
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straightforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book was a cute read.

      Thanks for stopping, Diane.

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful cover! I'm always excited to see what books you are going to list. Hope you will have a lovely weekend Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great comment, Mareli. Thanks.

      I am glad you enjoy stopping.

      Thanks, Mareli.

      Delete
  6. I'm looking forward to The Memory of Lemon. Her first book was really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed the first book too, Mary.

      This one is just as good.

      I got lost with the flashbacks, though.

      Thanks for stopping, Mary.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Liar Liar is your kind of book, Laurel. :) You will love it.

      I hope you get to read it.

      Thanks for stopping, Laurel.

      Delete
  8. The Cake Therapist is on my TBR and The Memory of Lemon sounds really good. Flight Patterns and Liar Liar are both on my TBR as well. Hope you enjoy your reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will enjoy all of those books, Katherine.

      Thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  9. I like the sound of this but will need to start with the first book - liked your other book choices too - here's my Friday meme

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think you need to read the first book before this one. It has a nice tie in, but do what you are comfortable with.

      The same characters appear, but it can be read as a stand alone.

      Thanks for stopping, Maria.

      Delete