Friday, June 24, 2016

Book Beginnings - 6/24/16

 

*Please join Rose City Reader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.  *Taken directly from Rose City Reader's Blog Page. 
 *************** 
My book beginnings is taken from BALLET NOIR by Caroline Miller:

 
"I heard the cries again, just as I had on the three previous nights of our ballet tour.  The year was 2009, and those cries were similar to those I'd experienced as a child whenever someone I loved had died."

I always enjoy Ms. Miller's books.  I am looking forward to beginning the read. 

**********
A CERTAIN AGE by Beatriz Williams:

 

Another lovely novel by Beatriz Williams.  It was difficult to get connected, but the ending was worth the wait.

Review will be on June 28.
**********
SINCE SHE WENT AWAY by David Bell - review June 29.


 **********
RADIO GIRLS by Sarah-Jane Stratford

Review will be on my blog on June 30.

 ******************

15 comments:

  1. Enjoy your reading weekend.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous covers...and excerpts. Enjoy! Here's mine: “SWEETBITTER”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my covers. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Laurel.

      Delete
  3. I adore the cover to the "A Certain Age" book. To me, the title "Ballet Noir" indicates that there is something, well, 'noir' - old-fashioned and potentially evil or ghostly - kind of like Perry Mason investigating in a theatre. :O) I love books like that.

    Here's my Book Beginnings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover is gorgeous, and the character wears that toward the end of the book. It was nice to see the "real" picture of it.

      Ms. Miller always writes terrific books.

      Thanks for stopping, LuAnn.

      Delete
  4. All the books you featured sound like ones I'd enjoy, especially Ballet Noir. It's on my TBR list.
    My Friday post features THE LITTLE FRENCH GUESTHOUSE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ENJOY when you read the book, Sandra.

      Thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  5. Ballet Noir sounds like interesting read. The beginning itself has me curious as to what's going on and who is crying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty good. Has a bit of paranormal that I normally do not read, but I am enjoying the book.

      Thanks for stopping, Katherine.

      Delete
  6. All the books sound very good, albeit in different ways. Enjoy them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mystica.

      Thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  7. Great picks. Hope you enjoy them. They all look good. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stacey.

      The ones I read were good.

      Thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  8. Just the title makes me want to try it! :)

    Check out my Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely read.

      Thanks for stopping, Lauren.

      Delete