Friday, July 15, 2016

Book Beginnings - 7/15/16

 
*Please join Rose City Reader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.  *Taken directly from Rose City Reader's Blog Page. 
 *************** 
My book beginnings is taken from THE LOST GIRLS by Heather Young - this is the same as last week - the only thing different is that I have the review link for ALL IS NOT FORGOTTEN :

"I found this notebook in the desk yesterday.  I didn't know I had any of them left, those books I bought at Framer's with their black-and-white marbled covers and their empty, lined pages waiting to be filled." 

I am enjoying the book.

This is the same book as last week.  Didn't get too much reading done the past week. 
**********
Book finished last week:

ALL IS NOT FORGOTTEN by Wendy Walker.

Review is in the book's title.
 
This book is a tense, stay-with-you psychological thriller.


 ******************







19 comments:

  1. HAPPY FRIDAY!!

    My book is the same as last week.

    Thanks for stopping, and Happy Reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both the books you mention sound really good. I'm in the mood for some page turning suspense!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will definitely have suspense with ALL IS NOT FORGOTTEN.

      Thanks for stopping, Katherine.

      Delete
  3. That's a great beginning. I wonder if the character will start filling those empty pages.
    My Friday post features THE REVENANT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book is good.

      The opening is a very good teaser.

      Thanks for stopping, Sandra.

      Delete
  4. I hope you enjoy The Lost Girls. I've seen it on many blogs but haven't read too many reviews yet. :)
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straightforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am enjoying it. I love family sagas.

      Thanks for stopping, Diane.

      Delete
  5. The cover of The Lost Girls is eerie, isn't it?
    You've been in my thoughts, Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is eerie.

      The book has some eerie undercurrent that hasn't surfaced yet.

      Thanks for stopping, Mary.

      Delete
  6. It's understandable that you didn't get much reading done. I'm happy you're back. The Lost Girls looks pretty good. I hope it works for you this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathy.

      It is good.

      Thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  7. The Lost Girls sounds good...and I loved All Is Not Forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both are good.

      I hope I can finish THE LOST GIRLS this week.

      Thanks for stopping, Laurel.

      Delete
  8. I like intense psychological thrillers. These books sound good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping, Terra.

      The Lost Girls is more of a family saga.

      Delete
  9. I like the beginning and the cover and title definitely grab your attention. Here's my Friday meme

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great beginning.

      Thanks for stopping, Maria.

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. I am almost done with THE LOST GIRLS.

      ALL IS NOT FORGOTTEN was quite good.

      Thanks for stopping, Lauren.

      Delete