Friday, July 22, 2016

Book Beginnings - 7/22/16

 
*Please join Rose City Reader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.  *Taken directly from Rose City Reader's Blog Page. 
 *************** 
My book beginnings is taken from GIRL IN THE AFTERNOON by Serena Burdick:


"Sometimes, in this big, cold house, I pretend I am a explorer on an expedition, navigating the long corridors like rivers, the huge rooms like undiscovered islands."

I haven't read too far. 
**********
Books finished last two weeks:

THE LOST GIRLS by Heather Young.

Review is in the book's title.

************

ALL IS NOT FORGOTTEN by Wendy Walker.

Review is in the book's title.
 
This book is a tense, stay-with-you psychological thriller.


 ******************

13 comments:

  1. Have a good weekend and a good reading weekend.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that cover and the beginning definitely captures my imagination. It sounds like a good read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover is gorgeous.

      I am not too far into the book, but it does seem as if it will be good.

      Thanks for stopping, Katherine.

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous cover and excerpt! Thanks for sharing...enjoy your weekend.

    Here's mine: “FALLING”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping, Laurel.

      I do love the cover.

      Delete
  4. Boy, that sounds like a sad life having to pretend one is an explorer in her own house.

    My Friday Quotes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound different, doesn't it?

      Thanks for stopping, Anne.

      Delete
  5. The first line sounds good, I would read that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good so far...not too far into the book.

      Thanks for stopping, pilch92.

      Delete
  6. I really like that beginning. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heather.

      Thanks for stopping, and Happy Reading to you too.

      Delete
  7. I love the cover for Girl in the Afternoon - I like the beginning too - very descriptive. Here's my Friday meme

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is beautiful.

      Thanks for stopping, Maria.

      Delete