Friday, July 29, 2016

Book Beginnings - 7/29/16

 
*Please join Rose City Reader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.  *Taken directly from Rose City Reader's Blog Page. 
 *************** 
My book beginnings is taken from BEHIND CLOSED DOORS by B. A. Paris:

 

"The champagne bottle knocks against the marble kitchen counter making me jump.  I glance at Jack, hoping he won't have noticed how nervous I am.  He catches me looking and smiles."

This sentence doesn't even begin to tell how evil Jack is.  A tense, chilling book.
**********
Books finished last two weeks:

AFTER ANNA by Alex Lake

 

THE LOST GIRLS by Heather Young.

Review is in the book's title.

************

ALL IS NOT FORGOTTEN by Wendy Walker.

Review is in the book's title.
 
This book is a tense, stay-with-you psychological thriller.


 ******************







6 comments:

  1. I can't wait to get my hands on Behind Closed Doors. After Anna looks good, too, and I loved All Is Not Forgotten.

    Here's mine: “THE GIRL YOU LOST”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Behind Closed Doors is quite nerve wracking.

      I actually finished it, but forgot to update my post.

      Thanks for stopping, Laurel.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It was very intense.

      Thanks for stopping, pilch92.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. They all were.

      Behind Closed Doors is done now. Very intense and frightening.

      Thanks for stopping, Harvee Lau.

      Delete