Friday, July 8, 2016

Book Beginnings - 7/8/16

 
*Please join Rose City Reader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.  *Taken directly from Rose City Reader's Blog Page. 
 *************** 
My book beginnings is taken from THE LOST GIRLS by Heather Young:

"I found this notebook in the desk yesterday.  I didn't know I had any of them left, those books I bought at Framer's with their black-and-white marbled covers and their empty, lined pages waiting to be filled." 

I am enjoying the book.
**********
Book finished last week:

ALL IS NOT FORGOTTEN by Wendy Walker - Review is on Tuesday, July 12.

This book is a tense, stay-with-you psychological thriller.




 ******************




9 comments:

  1. The book is very good. Love family sagas.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that beginning! There's something so intriguing about that blank notebook - especially when paired with that cover and the title. Adding to my list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am about half way through the book. I am enjoying it.

      Thanks for stopping, Katherine.

      Delete
  3. The Lost Girls looks tempting...and I'll be reading All Is Not Forgotten soon.

    Here's mine: “IN TWENTY YEARS”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW you will love All is Not Forgotten.

      ENJOY all of your books.

      Thanks for stopping, Laurel.

      Delete
  4. I can picture the notebook. What a fine, descriptive opening...just waiting to be filled in, just like the notebook.

    My Friday Quotes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first line is very descriptive.

      The book is quite good.

      Thanks for stopping, Anne.

      Delete
  5. The Lost Girls sounds intriguing. Hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am enjoying it.

      Thanks for stopping, Diane.

      Delete