Monday, August 29, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - 8/29/16

http://bookdate.blogspot.com/
   
********************
I hope you had a great reading week.  
********************
This is a weekly meme hosted by Kathryn at BOOK DATE!

Post the books completed last week, the books you are currently reading, and the books you hope to finish this week.

 ************* 
Books Completed:

THE CONFECTIONER'S TALE by Laura Madeleine 
Gorgeous cover - Review on September 20

A slow start, but quite good. ENJOYED the book.  Loved the ending.


*************
LETTERS FROM PARIS by Juliet Blackwell - Review on September 22

Really enjoyed the book.


Book Currently Reading:

NEWS OF THE WORLD by Paulette Jiles - review October 6.

Books Up Next:

Waiting for KAROLINA'S TWINS to arrive - review September 6 if it arrives on time to read it by then.

 *************
Waiting for THE VELVET HOURS to arrive - review September 30

 *************
DEAR AMY by Helen Callaghan - review October 11
  
*************
 TAHOE DARK by Todd Borg - review October 20.

 *************
TWO DAYS GONE by Randall Silvis - review on January 10, 2017.

 

********************
How was your reading week?

What books do you like from my list, and what books have you read that we SHOULD know about?

THANKS for stopping. 


20 comments:

  1. Just saw The Velvet Hours on someone else's blog - Whitney's I think. It is difficult when books come in an untimely manner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is difficult because I will start one and then have to start another. I can't read more than one book at a time. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Kathryn.

      Delete
  2. Oh nice! As usual, totally new to me reads! Hope you enjoyed and enjoy them all this week!

    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great book haul you have. I am adding three books you shared on my wishlist, The Confectioners Tale, The Velvet Hours and Letters from Paris. All look great!
    Have a lovely week and happy reading!

    Amanda @ mrsbbookreviews.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVED The Confectioner's Tale and Letters From Paris. I hope you love them too. Stop back for the reviews if you can.

      Thanks for stopping, Amanda.

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh! Seems like it's been awhile since I have visited you on Monday. I love everything on your list today. My poor TBR list. :( But it's a wonderful thing! Have a great week and happy reading, Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to see again, Susan.

      Thanks for stopping.

      You have a great week also.

      Delete
  5. I'm reading The Velvet Hours now and so far think it is a good historical novel. I hope you enjoy it as well. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear. Thanks for letting me know.

      Historical Fiction is my favorite genre.

      Continue to enjoy, and thanks for stopping, Whitney.

      Delete
  6. You sure have been busy. I didn't do the reading hop this week because nothing I read was even worth mentioning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That happens sometimes.

      I hope you find something good this week.

      Thanks for stopping, pilch92.

      Delete
  7. All of these look really good. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heather.

      The ones I finished were VERY good.

      Thanks for stopping, Heather.

      Delete
  8. Looks like a good haul. The Confectioner's Tale does have a lovely cover. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the cover, and the book was good too.

      Thanks for stopping, Martha.

      Delete
  9. The Velvet Hours looks good. Looking forward to your review. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to it. I hope it arrives this week.

      Thanks for stopping, Yvonne.

      Delete
  10. I enjoyed Karolina's twins. Another completely different perspective on WW2. Every book so different, so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful to hear, Mystica.

      Thanks for the information, and thanks for stopping, Mystica.

      Delete