Monday, August 1, 2016

It's Monday!! What Are YOU Reading? - 8/1/16

http://bookdate.blogspot.com/
   
********************
I hope you had a great reading week.  
********************
This is a weekly meme hosted by Kathryn at BOOK DATE!

Post the books completed last week, the books you are currently reading, and the books you hope to finish this week.

 ************* 
Books Completed the last two weeks:

BEHIND CLOSED DOORS by B. A. Paris - review on August 9.

Another very frightening read.  Not sure what is up with me reading all these scary books in a row.
*************
AFTER ANNA by Alex Lake 

Outstanding thriller.



Review is in the book's  title.

*************
Book Currently Reading:

THE HOUSE BETWEEN TIDES by Sarah Maine - review on August 20.

The book is being compared to a Kate Morton and Daphne du Maurier novel. Love both of those authors.



Books Up Next:

WATCHING EDIE by Camilla Way - review on August 29

 

A DEADLY AFFECTION by Cuyler Overholt- review on September 6



THE CONFECTIONER'S TALE by Laura Madeleine 
Gorgeous cover.



MONSOON SUMMER by Julia Gregson


THE MUNICH GIRL by Phyllis Edgerly Ring - October 1.


TWO DAYS GONE by Randall Silvis - review on January 10, 2017.
 
********************
How was your reading week?

What books do you like from my list, and what books have you read that we SHOULD know about?

THANKS for stopping. 







Save

28 comments:

  1. OOh nice! Those are new to me ones! Hope you enjoy and enjoyed them all! Happy Reading!

    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice assortment of books. I went through a mystery patch when a bunch of mysteries I had for review hit the top of my stack. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to reading them.

      The scary ones were for review, and got grouped in a row. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Kathy.

      Delete
  3. I love the cover of The House Between Tides. I hope you enjoy it!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am reading it now. Love it.

      It is set near the Isle of Skye...my favorite place in Scotland.

      Yes...the cover is gorgeous.

      Thanks for stopping, AJ Sterkel.

      Delete
  4. I absolutely cannot wait to read Behind Closed Doors, I have been patiently waiting. I love all the scary books too, great reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are in for someone you will hate. Jack is evil.

      ENJOY scary BEHIND CLOSED DOORS when you read it.

      Thanks for stopping, Marce.

      Delete
  5. No scary books for me, they give me nightmares.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some can do that.

      Thanks for stopping, Got My Book.

      Delete
  6. Great list - I'm intrigued by the cover of The Confectioner's Tale. I think I may already have added that to my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover and title are very intriguing.

      Thanks for stopping, Kym.

      Delete
  7. Hi Elizabeth,

    There isn't one of your featured books that I wouldn't want to read, I'm just too scared to add any more to my list, I didn't realise how many titles were already on it!

    I can't believe that you are scheduling reviews for next year already. Mind you, most of my outstanding reviews may well be waiting that long, whether they want to, or not!

    Enjoy your reading week and I hope that things are settling into a new routine for you and the family. my thoughts are with you :)

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My reviews aren't done, it is just that I have the books and add them according the publication date. Adding them in this post keeps me organized even though I have another list elsewhere. :)

      It is difficult, but we are trying to keep busy.

      Thanks for stopping, Yvonne.

      Delete
  8. I'll never join you on those scary books Elizabeth, I just wouldn't sleep at night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They did have me a bit nervous.

      Thanks for stopping, Kathryn.

      Delete
  9. Haha - I'm exactly the same at the moment, Elizabeth, reading a number of darker books. I think when you pick up one and find yourself loving it, then you want more and more!!

    It looks like you have some great books coming up - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are dwindling down, but they were good. :)

      I am excited about my books.

      Thanks for stopping, Reading With Jade.

      Delete
  10. The House between the Tides looks great! I think I'll see if that one is available at the library for a hold. I've been on a dark, thriller ride lately, too. I think I'm ready to move on to something else, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems a few of us have been on that ride. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Kathy.

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Thanks, Ann, and thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  12. You have been busy. I don't mind scary as long as it isn't gory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They aren't gory at all, but intense and scary.

      Thanks for stopping, pilch92.

      Delete
  13. Watching Edie and Behind Closed Doors are on my list. Good picks this week. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Watching Edie should be good.

      Thanks for stopping, Heather.

      Delete
  14. The House Between Tides is in my TBR pile. Looking forward to your review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The House Between Tides was an awesome read.

      I just finished it.

      Thanks for stopping, Yvonne.

      Delete