Monday, August 1, 2016

Mailbox Monday - 8/1/16

 
Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week.

Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles, and humongous wish lists!

Mailbox Monday, created by Marcia @ A Girl and Her Books, has a permanent home now at Mailbox Monday.
 *****************
Every week Mailbox Monday will have a new linky posted for our Mailbox Monday links at Marcia's Mailbox Monday blog.
Here’s a shout out to the new administrators:

Leslie of Under My Apple Tree 
Vicki of I’d Rather Be at the Beach
Serena @ Savvy Verse And Wit 

THANKS to everyone for keeping Mailbox Monday alive.
*************** 
I hope you had a good mailbox.

Lots of good titles for me.
*************** 
On Tuesday, July 26, I received:

1.  THE ALTOGETHER UNEXPECTED DISAPPEARANCE OF ATTICUS CRAFTSMAN by Mame Sanchez, courtesy of Ariele Fredman of Simon & Schuster.

Looks fun.



On Wednesday, July 27, I received:

1.  THE HOUSE BETWEEN TIDES by Sarah Maine, courtesy of Ariele Fredman of Simon & Schuster.



2.  MONSOON SUMMER by Julia Gregson, courtesy of Charlotte O'Donnell and Jessica Roth of Simon & Schuster.






25 comments:

  1. Happy August!!

    Can you believe it's August? Crazy!!

    Happy Reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got some of the same books. I hope they're great.

    No, I can't believe it's August - the year is flying by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time is flying way too fast.

      I will have to head over to see what similar books we received.

      Thanks for stopping, Kathy.

      Delete
  3. LOVE your mailbox! All books that I would read, especially the last two. Hope you're taking some time off this summer and enjoying some downtime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my first week I feel like going to different blogs. Thanks, Laura, and thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  4. I have The House Between Tides, too. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it when you read it.

      I like it.

      Thanks for stopping, Anna.

      Delete
  5. I keep seeing The House Between Tides and it looks really good! Enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good.

      Thanks for stopping, DeniseF.

      Delete
  6. I received Unexpected Disappearance of Atticus Craftsman and The House Between Tides. Both sound great. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Atticus looks like such fun.

    I hope we enjoy the book. I am enjoying The House Between Tides.

    Thanks for stopping, Pat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Elizabeth,

    As I was driving home, it was just announced on the radio that Selfridges, one of the top London stores next to Harrods, has opened its Christmas shop today and has reported that trade was brisk ... Now I know the world has gone mad!

    I want to read 'The House Between Tides' so will be intrested in what you think of it.

    I also found the synopsis of 'Monsoon Summer' oddly intriguing, so I shall bear that one in mind as well.

    Thanks for sharing :)

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crazy that Christmas buying was brisk. That is too early.

      The House Between Tides is set in Scotland. I am enjoying it.

      Monsoon Summer looks good. I am looking forward to reading it.

      Thanks for stopping, Yvonne.

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary Ann, and thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  10. I hope we both love The House Between Tides!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am reading it now, Mary, and loving it.

      Thanks for stopping, Mary.

      Delete
  11. The Altogether Unexpected Experience has such a fun and quirky cover, and The House Between Tides looks epic. Hope you enjoy all your new arrivals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks very quirky and fun.

      The House Between Tides is awesome.

      Thanks for stopping, readingdate.

      Delete
  12. Wow, another blog with House Between the Tides.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly has been quite popular.

      I am almost done with the book. I like it.

      Thanks for stopping, Serena.

      Delete
  13. Just started The House Between Tides, loving it!
    https://wordsandpeace.com/2016/08/01/mailbox-monday-august-1/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is quite good.

      Love the setting.

      Thanks for stopping, Emma.

      Delete
  14. Looks like you had a great week of books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes....nice mailbox.

      Thanks for stopping, Vicki.

      Delete