Friday, September 2, 2016

Book Beginnings - 9/2/16

 
*Please join Rose City Reader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.  *Taken directly from Rose City Reader's Blog Page. 
 *************** 
My book beginnings is taken from KAROLINA'S TWINS by Ronald H. Balson:


"The stenciled writing on the frosted glass door simply read INVESTIGATIONS.  On the second floor of a vintage walk-up on Chicago's near north side, a broad-shouldered man in a Derry rugby shirt unwrapped a sandwich and opened the Chicago Tribune to the sports page."
**********
Books finished the last two weeks:

LETTERS FROM PARIS by Juliet Blackwell
 
I really enjoyed LETTERS FROM PARIS.  
Review will be on September 20.
 ******************

THE CONFECTIONER'S TALE by Laura Madeleine

Really enjoyed the book - especially the ending. 

Review will be on September 22.
 ******************




7 comments:

  1. Karolina's Twins is good but heart wrenching.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karolina's Twins looks good! Thanks for sharing, and enjoy.

    Here's mine: “I’VE GOT SAND IN ALL THE WRONG PLACES”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a good read. A holocaust survivor is telling her tale.

      Thanks for stopping, Laurel.

      Delete
  3. I love the cover of Karolina's Twins! The opening makes me think that something is about to happen to stir things up. I'm definitely interested.
    My Friday post features BAREFOOT AT SUNSET.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just finished the book this evening. It was an excellent read...good writing and a good read.

      Thanks for stopping, Sandra.

      Delete
  4. I like that snippet - looks like it has a lot of potential!

    Check out my Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished the book last night. Very good.

      Thanks for stopping, Lauren.

      Delete