Monday, September 12, 2016

Mailbox Monday - 9/12/16

 
Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week.

Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles, and humongous wish lists!

Mailbox Monday, created by Marcia @ A Girl and Her Books, has a permanent home now at Mailbox Monday.
 *****************
Every week Mailbox Monday will have a new linky posted for our Mailbox Monday links at Marcia's Mailbox Monday blog.
Here’s a shout out to the new administrators:

Leslie of Under My Apple Tree 
Vicki of I’d Rather Be at the Beach
Serena @ Savvy Verse And Wit 

THANKS to everyone for keeping Mailbox Monday alive.
*************** 
I hope you had a good mailbox.

***************
On Tuesday, September 6, I received:

1.  THE VELVET HOURS by Alyson Richman, courtesy of Danielle Dill of Penguin Random House.

LOVED this book...I finished it on Saturday.

Review coming up soon.

 

 

16 comments:

  1. I'm seeing a lot about The Velvet Hours - really need to check the Aussie release date. Glad to hear you loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did love it.

      It is the story of a Belle Epoque courtesean whose apartment was untouched for 70 years. Nicely done.

      Thanks for stopping, samstillreading.

      I hope you can find the book.

      Delete
  2. Nothing new came into my house recently but I have been unpacking my book boxes from a recent move and that is just as exciting and fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That definitely is fun.

      It's like finding new books. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Trish.

      Delete
  3. I'm reading it this week so very happy to hear you loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very good, Mary.

      I think you will enjoy it too.

      Thanks for stopping, Mary.

      Delete
  4. Enjoy your lovely book! Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very lovely.

      Thanks for stopping, Laurel.

      Delete
  5. Wow, you finished it already! It must be good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was quite good.

      Thanks for stopping, Serena.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Me too. :)

      Did you read THE PARIS APARTMENT by Michelle Gable?

      Thanks for stopping, Mary Ann.

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the rec! Adding The Velvet Hours to the tbr. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good.

      My review is going live tomorrow.

      Hope you can stop by, and I hope you get to read The Velvet Hours.

      Thanks for stopping, readingdate.

      Delete
  8. Hi Elizabeth,

    'The Velvet Hours' has received some excellent ratings and reviews, so I can see why you enjoyed it so much.

    I read quite a lot of historical fiction and always enjoy a storyline told as a series of recounted memories, so this is a definite for my own list!

    Thanks for sharing and I look forward to your review :)

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm really looking forward to this one. Just need a few hours during the day to sit still and read! I used to read late at night, but now I fall asleep on the couch. :(

    ReplyDelete