Monday, September 26, 2016

Mailbox Monday - 9/26/16



 
Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week.

Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles, and humongous wish lists!

Mailbox Monday, created by Marcia @ A Girl and Her Books, has a permanent home now at Mailbox Monday.
 *****************
Every week Mailbox Monday will have a new linky posted for our Mailbox Monday links at Marcia's Mailbox Monday blog.
Here’s a shout out to the new administrators:

Leslie of Under My Apple Tree 
Vicki of I’d Rather Be at the Beach
Serena @ Savvy Verse And Wit 

THANKS to everyone for keeping Mailbox Monday alive.
*************** 
I hope you had a good mailbox.

***************
On Tuesday, September 20, I received:

1.  GOOD TASTE by Jane Green, courtesy of Caitlin Valenziano of Penguin Random House.



It is a cook book with some mouth-watering recipes.  

I will feature the book and a few recipes on October 5.  YUMMY!!
**********
On Friday, September 23, I received:

 1.  A STUDY IN SCARLET WOMEN by Sherry Thomas, courtesy of Roxanne Jones of Penguin Random House.

 

This book was a surprise!! 

 

20 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to making a few of the recipes in Jane's book.

    Stop back on October 5 to see which ones I chose. :)

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane Green's cookbook looks tempting...and I'm curious about A Study in Scarlet Women.

    Enjoy! Here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The recipes have beautiful photos accompanying them, and the recipes look so good.

      The study does seem interesting and different.

      Thanks for stopping, Laurel.

      Delete
  3. Looking forward to hearing about the recipes in Good Taste! A popular one in the mailboxes this week :) A Study in Scarlet Women looks awesome. Yay for surprise books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Taste has been popular in mailboxes.

      As I mentioned, the recipes look and seem to be very good. Lots of good recipes for Fall comfort foods.

      Thanks for stopping, readingdate.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I am loving looking through the book.

      Thanks for stopping, Mary Ann.

      Delete
  5. Enjoy your new book and the new recipes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathy.

      I love cookbooks.

      Thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  6. I can't wait to try a recipe or two from Good Taste!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh....I agree, Mary.

      They all look so good.

      Thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks, Got My Book, and thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  8. Hi Elizabeth,

    A couple of completely different books this week.

    I'm not sure that 'A Study In Scarlet..' is one for me, as I don't really like it when classics are re-written.

    I am not a very adventurous cook, however if 'Good Taste' has plenty of yummy looking images, then bring on you selection :)

    Enjoy your new reads,

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure about A Study In Scarlet either. :) It does have a pretty cover.

      The recipes do look yummy.

      Thanks for stopping, Yvonne.

      Delete
  9. I've seen Green's cookbook on many blogs. Hope you find some great recipes. I love the cover of A Study in Scarlet Women. Sounds like my kind of book. Enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the recipes look quite good.

      I am looking forward to trying a few.

      Thanks for stopping, Laura.

      Delete
  10. I got a copy of Good Taste, too. I've read throug the entire book and loved her anecdotes about family and cooking. It's going to be difficult to choose which recipes to try first. The only recipe that didn't appeal to me was the tomato tart and my husband said, "Oh, I love a good tomato tart," so that means there's nothing that *somebody* in this house isn't interested in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *through Also, happy cooking. :)

      Delete
    2. LOL on the tomato tart. :)

      The book has fantastic recipes.

      Thanks for stopping, Bookfool.

      Delete