Friday, November 4, 2016

Book Beginnings - 11/4/16

 
*Please join Rose City Reader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.  *Taken directly from Rose City Reader's Blog Page. 
 ***************
My book beginnings is taken from THE SECRETS YOU KEEP by Kate White:


"I wake to the smell of smoke.  It's faint but enough to rouse me and I jerk up in bed, eyes wide open. For a few seconds I freeze there, propped on an elbow and trying to make sense of it.  What's burning?"
**********
Books finished the last three weeks

A SIMPLE FAVOR by Darcey Bell


LOVED this book...a fantastic psychological thriller.

Review will be on March 16, 2017

 ******************
STOLEN BEAUTY by Laurie Lico Albanese


I enjoyed the book, but it wasn't a favorite.  Marvelous writing and research, but the art information was a bit too much...I was lost.

Review will be on February 7, 2017.  Scary to write that year. 

 ******************

TWO DAYS GONE by Randall Silvis

Excellent mystery.

Review will be on January 10, 2017. 


 ******************




6 comments:

  1. These all look so good! I have The Secrets You Keep on my list...and A Simple Favor looks very tempting, too. Thanks for sharing.

    Here's mine: “STEALING JASON WILDE”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Simple Favor is right up your alley, Laurel. :)

      A good mystery.

      Thanks for stopping, Laurel.

      Delete
  2. I love Kate White. Met her in 2012 and it was epic for me! I'd read that book for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet it would be wonderful to meet her.

      This book is pretty good.

      Thanks for stopping, fredamans.

      Delete
  3. The Secrets You Keep looks like a good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is...I am having a difficult time putting the book down, but I am getting sleepy. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Michelle.

      Delete