Friday, November 11, 2016

Friendly Fill-Ins - 11/11/16

http://mcguffysreader.blogspot.com/2016/06/fill-in-statements-week-4.html

Friday Fill-Ins:



1. _______should be taught in schools.

2. The last item I donated was _________.


3. My (personal) song is              , because                   .

4. Three things I am thankful for this week are:           ,             , and            .

My Answers:
 
1. Typing should be taught in schools.  As a former business teacher/typing teacher, typing is as important as reading in my eyes.

2.  The last item I donated was coats for the coat drive at a local church.

3.  My personal song is BE HAPPY, because why not be happy?

4.  Three things I am thankful for this week are: being able to have friends and family close, being able to sleep in a little, and to always be able to help those who need help.
 






11 comments:

  1. BE HAPPY, and have a good weekend.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be thankful if I can get a nap today...didn't sleep very well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh...I hate when I can't sleep.

      Thanks for stopping, Katie.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for participating in the fill-ins, great answers. I wish I had taken typing classes in high school. I like your song, good choice. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes on typing...the best class ever. :)

      They tried to steer folks who were not business students away from typing when I was in high school, but I took it anyway and am so glad I did. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Ellen.

      Delete
  4. I loved both of my typing classes and teachers. :) I especially loved it when they played music and we typed to the beat of the music. That was a lot of fun.

    Be Happy is a great song. :)

    Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes...typing teachers are wonderful and dedicated.

      Music while learning to type is fun.

      Glad you had a positive experience with learning an essential skill.

      Thanks for stopping, Suzanne.

      Delete
    2. Mrs. Johnson was dedicated in many ways. She read a devotion to the class every morning (she was my home room teacher, too). Even though there were rules against it, she followed the rules of a Higher Power. I already respected her, but that made me respect her even more. Lots of folks didn't like her because she expected a lot out of us and could be stern when she had to be. I thought the world of her and Mrs. Burden. They were great teachers and very nice women as well.

      You're welcome. Thanks for stopping by my blogs and commenting, too. Have a blessed weekend. :)

      Delete
    3. And....I will add...we are strict. :)

      But you have to be strict when teaching a skill.

      We are very nice as well as caring too.

      Thanks for stopping back again, Suzanne.

      Delete
  5. Your answers are always so sweet. I think they teach typing in computer, now, don't they? But, it is not the same as it used to be, I am sure. Great donations, too. There is such a need. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwww...thanks McGuffy Ann.

      The district I taught in didn't allow us to teach typing as of 2012, but we did teach on computers when we did. CRAZY to not teach it, right?

      Thanks for stopping.

      Delete