Friday, December 2, 2016

Book Beginnings - 12/2/16

 
*Please join Rose City Reader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.  *Taken directly from Rose City Reader's Blog Page. 
 ***************
My book beginnings is taken from THE ORPHAN'S TALE by Pam Jenoff:


Germany, 1944

"The sound comes low like the buzzing of the bees that once chased Papa across the farm and caused him to spend a week swathed in bandages."

I always LOVE Pam Jenoff's books.  Looking forward to starting her newest book.
**********
Books Finished The Last three Weeks:

THE GOOD DAUGHTER by Alexandra Burt

Review will be on February 15, 2017.

A well written book with a good twist.
********** 
LOVE ALICE by Barbara Davis

Review will be on December 13.

Loved the book. 
******************








9 comments:

  1. Happy First Friday of December.

    Can you believe it is December?

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Orphan's Tale sounds good...and I definitely want to read The Good Daughter. Thanks for sharing...and here's mine: “THE OTHER WIDOW”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Orphan's Tale is different from her other books because of the setting, but Ms. Jenoff's books are always a great read.

      Thanks for stopping, Laurel.

      Delete
  3. I haven't heard of this book before but I like the beginning. I'll be eager to hear what you think about it. I am reading Enemy Games by Marcella Burnard from my TBR mountain this week. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping, Kathy.

      Enemy Games sounds different.

      Happy Reading!!

      Thanks for stopping, Kathy.

      Delete
  4. I love the opening to THE ORPHAN'S TALE. I'm interested in the setting too. This book will be added to my TBR collection.
    My Friday post features THE LAST ANNIVERSARY.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is set during WWII but with the characters in a circus.

      The circus is the different setting, but it is during WWII.

      Thanks for stopping, Sandra.

      Delete
  5. Definitely an eerie opening. Ouch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is eerie.

      The book is set during WWII. I am learning another fact about how the Jewish community was helped during the war. Very interesting.

      Thanks for stopping, Roberta.

      Delete