Friday, December 23, 2016

Book Blogger Hop - 12/23 - 12/29

 
*********
Love the new Logo, Billy.  Thanks.
 *********
I am out of town...Merry Christmas!!
*********
Question of the Week:

Do you participate in reading challenges that have you reading for 24 hours, challenges that have a yearly goal, challenges that have you reading certain genres, or do you not participate in challenges?

My Answer:
  
Challenges are something I normally steer clear of, but I did give the Women's Fiction Challenge hosted by Kathryn of The Book Date a try this year.

The reason  I participated is because women's fiction is a major part of my reading, and I knew that I would be able to complete the challenge with little or no stress.  Just to be sure, I chose the lowest level, and I have surpassed it.  I may do it again for 2017 because it was an easy challenge for me with no pressure.

A yearly goal challenge is something I participate in on the Goodreads site.  I again set the goal low.  My goal is 50.  

I actually had a very slow reading year.  I need ONE more book to make my challenge by the end of the year.  I should make it.

I never participate in challenges for reading for 24-hours.  That would be too stressful, and I know I couldn't do that.

8 comments:

  1. I tried challenges when I first started blogging and they aren't for me.

    Merry Christmas, Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They aren't for me either.

      Thanks for stopping, Kathy.

      Delete
  2. I persevered with my challenges and ensure I read the next book on the list here is my link https://tfaulcbookreviews.wordpress.com/2016/12/23/book-blogger-hop-do-you-participate-in-reading-challenges-that-have-you-reading-for-24-hours-challenges-that-have-a-yearly-goal-challenges-that-have-you-reading-certain-genres-or-do-you-not-parti/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to hear about your challenges.

      Thanks for stopping, Tracey.

      Delete
  3. Hola!
    Yes, I can see how challenges can be stressful. That's why I am careful in deciding which ones to participate in. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too on being careful on the ones I choose.

      Thanks for stopping, Vonnie.

      Delete
  4. (I deleted the previous comment because of typos....)

    I totally agree about the stress level of some of these challenges, especially the ones that run for 24 hours straight. I did participate in a marathon challenge once, and it was VERY stressful! Never again!! Lol.

    I have participated in other types of challenges, but have given them all up as well.

    The main reason I no longer do challenges is that I get few to no comments -- or comments back -- on my challenge review posts. I don't know why that is.... All of the challenges I have participated in have had Linky widgets attached to the posts, so that al participating bloggers can link up to the blog hosting the challenge. Each challenge also had a page where participants could link up their reviews, with a Linky widget as well. So I don't see why I would get very few comments and comments back. You know I ALWAYS comment back when you comment on my BBH post.

    I used to comment on other bloggers' challenge review posts, and not get comments back. After a while, I just gave up.

    I GREATLY appreciate that you always comment on my BBH posts, and comment back whenever I leave a comment on your own BBH post!! But then, you are an exceptionally nice blogger!!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting on this topic! And the fact that you did that, even though this is last week's topic....well, that just proves my point! (You're probably blushing away, right? Lol.)

    I sure hope you had a WONDERFUL Christmas, Elizabeth!! And I'm wishing you an equally WONDERFUL New Year!! HUGS!!! <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Challenges are just not my cup of tea.

      I agree about commenting. It is nice to comment and to have others reciprocate, but everyone isn't able to I guess.

      I didn't used to respond to comments on my blog, but now do it all the time.

      Thanks for stopping, Maria, and Happy New Year.

      Delete