Friday, December 9, 2016

Friendly Fill-Ins - 12/9/16

http://mcguffysreader.blogspot.com/2016/06/fill-in-statements-week-4.html


Friday Fill-Ins:

1. I love the following Christmas film(s)_____.

2. I don't care for the following Christmas film(s) ___.


3. At the holidays, I cannot resist ___.  

4. A favorite holiday memory of mine is ___.

  
My Answers:

1.  I love the following Christmas film - Home Alone.

2.  I don't care for the following Christmas film - The Grinch Who Stole Christmas.

3.  At the holidays, I cannot resist making cookies to share.

4.  A favorite holiday memory of mine is when my son and his cousins would put on plays when they were younger.  

They were usually Christmas-themed plays, and they were hilarious and organized.

I remember one Christmas they created a ramp that they walked down, and then they chose a "Queen of Christmas." She had to walk down the ramp.  They picked Grandma.  :) 

So creative and such fun, wonderful memories.  




11 comments:

  1. Good questions this week.

    Thanks for stopping everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for participating in the fill-ins, great answers. I love Home Alone too. I bet that was adorable when your son put on plays, I hope you recorded some. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think we had any recording devices back then. LOL!!

      I am sure we did, but the adults sure didn't know how to use them.

      Thanks for stopping, Ellen.

      Delete
  3. That is a sweet memory! I would love some Christmas cookies, too. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have made Russian Tea Cakes so far and Hershey Kiss Cookies.

      Not sure how much more I will make.

      Thanks for stopping, Annie.

      Delete
  4. This memory sounds like a wonderful Christmas. Have a great weekend and a Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are good memories.

      Thanks for stopping, David.

      Delete
  5. How sweet that the children chose Grandma as the Queen of Christmas. That must have made her smile all the way through. :)

    Have a blessed day and a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes...Grandma was the best and so sweet.

      Thank you for stopping, Suzanne. Merry Christmas to you and your family too.

      Delete
  6. I like the cartoon Grinch, but not the live action one they did as much. Odd. But the classics are always better.
    My daughter just did a Christmas puppet show for us Sunday -- it was so wonderful. She did a great job, even making all the shadow puppets herself. A great memory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So cute about the puppet show. It is a wonderful memory.

      Thanks for stopping, Rory.

      Delete