Friday, January 13, 2017

Book Beginnings - 1/13/2017

 
*Please join Rose City Reader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.  *Taken directly from Rose City Reader's Blog Page. 
 ***************
My book beginnings is taken from THE ALMOST SISTERS by Joshilyn Jackson:


"My son, Digby, began at exactly 3:02 in the morning on the first Friday in June.  I don't mean his conception or his birth.  I mean the moment he began for me, which happened between those two larger events."

The book is good, but I just haven't had too much time to read.
********** 
Book Finished the last two weeks:

LEOPARD AT THE DOOR by Jennifer McVeigh

Review on January 17.

Beautiful book, beautiful writing. 

******************
EVERYTHING YOU WANT ME TO BE by Mindy Meija

 
This book is brilliant and addictive...loved it.

Review is in book's title.
******************

7 comments:

  1. I hope you are enjoying the book you are reading.

    Thanks for stopping.

    Happy Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These all look very tempting! The Almost Sisters is on my list.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got to read a little last night for a few hours, and I am enjoying the book.

      Thanks for stopping, Laurel.

      Delete
  3. What an intriguing idea about babies, and to know the time so precisely... I was definitely drawn in.

    I've heard good things about "Everything You Want Me to Be."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book is pretty good.

      Everything You Want Me To Be is very good.

      Thanks for stopping, Roberta.

      Delete
  4. That snippet has really caught my interest. :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book is very good. I am about 50% through it.

      Thanks for stopping, Lauren.

      Delete