Friday, January 20, 2017

Book Beginnings - 1/20/2017

 
*Please join Rose City Reader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.  *Taken directly from Rose City Reader's Blog Page. 
 ***************
My book beginnings is taken from TRAVELING LIGHT by Lynne Branard:
 

"The only thing I remember about Mama was how she was always moving.  Years before the small tumor grew, the mania finally linked to the cancer in her brain, Mama never stopped moving.  I think it wore Daddy out, but I loved it.

I have been sick this entire week and unfortunately haven't had a chance to read one page of this book.   
********** 
Book Finished the last two weeks:

THE ALMOST SISTERS by Joshilyn Jackson

LOVED the book.

Thought the publication date was in February, but it is July 11.  :)

**********
LEOPARD AT THE DOOR by Jennifer McVeigh 

Review is in the book's title. 
Beautiful book, beautiful writing. 

******************
I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S UP WITH ALL OF THESE SPACING PROBLEMS.




7 comments:

  1. Happy Friday!!

    ENJOY your weekend.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the excerpt from Traveling Light...and wonder about all those moves I made in the 70s...LOL.

    Here's mine: “THE DRY”


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping, Laurel.

      I haven't read too much, but hopefully this weekend.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, Roberta.

      Thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  4. Feel better soon, Elizabeth. The Jackson book pub date sure got moved back! Glad you loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know about the date. So strange.

      There were conflicting dates on different sites, but I asked the publisher to be sure and she said in July.

      It was VERY good.

      Thanks for stopping, Mary.

      Delete