Friday, January 6, 2017

Book Beginnings - 1/6/2017

 
*Please join Rose City Reader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.  *Taken directly from Rose City Reader's Blog Page. 
 ***************
Same book as last week AGAIN!!
 ***************
My book beginnings is taken from LEOPARD AT THE DOOR by Jennifer McVeigh: 

"The steward has said we will dock at 9:00 o'clock, but I am too excited to sleep, and I walk onto deck in the dark, long before the sun comes up, watching for the first sight of land.  I pull a packet of cigarettes from my coat pocket, light one and inhale, smoke curling up into the warm night sky."
********** 
Book Finished:

EVERYTHING YOU WANT ME TO BE by Mindy Meija

 
This book is brilliant and addictive...loved it.

Review is in book's title.
******************





15 comments:

  1. Happy Reading!!

    Stay warm if you are in the deep freeze.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems you love the book. I will have to look it up. I think we are all in a deep Freeze this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hate the deep freeze.

      The book is good.

      Thanks for stopping, JC Jones.

      Delete
  3. I have bookmarked Everything You Want Me to Be....and the setting and cover of Leopard at the Door are gorgeous.

    Thanks for sharing, and here's mine:
    “THE WOMAN IN CABIN 10”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you will LOVE Everything You want me to be, Laurel.

      Thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  4. I am just getting back into the swing of things myself. Have a great weekend.
    sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great things are getting back to normal for you, Sherry.

      Thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  5. I have Everything You Want Me to Be on my TBR. It sounds fantastic! Leopard at the Door sounds good too. I love the beginning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything You Want Me To Be is a good thriller/mystery that I think you will like.

      Leopard at the door is good too. I am almost done with it.

      Thanks for stopping, Katherine.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Both are good.

      Thanks for stopping, fredamans.

      Delete
  7. Does it bother anyone else when character's smoke?

    After reading your review of Everything You Want Me to Be, I really want to read it. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No on characters that smoke.
      "Real" people are the ones that bother me when they smoke. :)

      Nice....thanks....so glad my review was helpful.

      Thanks for stopping, Roberta.

      Delete
  8. I expect both of these would be very popular at my library! :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am expecting the same, Lauren.

      Thanks for stopping.

      Delete