Friday, February 17, 2017

Book Beginnings - 2/17/2017

 
*Please join Rose City Reader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.  *Taken directly from Rose City Reader's Blog Page. 
 ***************
My book beginnings is taken from THE DRESSMAKER'S DOWRY by Meredith Jaeger:

"A doorman ushered me toward the historic garden court inside the Palace Hotel, the sequins on my gold shift dress catching the light.  Men in suits mingled with women in cocktail gowns.  Beneath the grand crystal chandeliers and arched glass ceiling, I felt like I'd stepped back in time to the turn of the twentieth century"
********** 
Book Finished the last three weeks:
 **********
I SEE YOU by Clare Mackintosh - review will be on February 28.

Good, but not as good as her first book.

 
 ********** 
WINDY CITY BLUES by Renee Rosen - review will be on March 7.

A marvelous read and a treasure for music fans and historical fiction fans.

 **********
THE MOTHER'S PROMISE by Sally Hepworth

Review will be on February 21.

******************

11 comments:

  1. I am almost done with the Dressmaker's Dowry.

    I am enjoying it.

    Have a great weekend, and thank you for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen The Dressmaker's Dowry anywhere...but it sounds tempting. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “RIGHT BEHIND YOU”


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very good...goes back and forth in time. 1876 to present.

      Thanks for stopping, Laurel.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It is good...I am enjoying the book.

      Thanks for stopping, Bark's Book Nonsense.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It is very good, Mary.

      I am almost done with the book. I think you will like it.

      Thanks for stopping, Mary.

      Delete
  5. I See You looks like it could be interesting. :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was suspenseful once the suspense got started. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Lauren.

      Delete
  6. I love your book beginning opener! Also the cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finished the book last night.

      Really enjoyed it.

      Thanks for stopping, Mystica.

      Delete