Monday, February 13, 2017

Mailbox Monday - 2/13/2017

 
Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week.

Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles, and humongous wish lists!

Mailbox Monday, created by Marcia @ A Girl and Her Books, has a permanent home now at Mailbox Monday.
 *****************
Every week Mailbox Monday will have a new linky posted for our Mailbox Monday links at Marcia's Mailbox Monday blog.

Here’s a shout out to the administrators:

Leslie of Under My Apple Tree 
Serena @ Savvy Verse And Wit
Martha of Reviews By Martha's Bookshelf

THANKS to everyone for keeping Mailbox Monday alive.
*************** 
I hope you had a good mailbox.

My mailbox was wonderful this week.
 ***************
On Monday, February 6, I received:

1.  THE ORPHAN'S TALE by Pam Jenoff, courtesy of Emer Flounders of Harper Collins/MIRA Books.

 
A nice surprise - a finished copy of THE ORPHAN'S TALE.   :)

I read the ARC and loved it as I have loved all of Pam Jenoff's books.

Review will be on my blog on March 23 - TLC tour.  
 ***************
On Tuesday, February 7, I received:

1.  I SEE YOU by Clare Mackintosh, courtesy of Danielle Dill of Penguin Random House.
 

 I enjoyed her first book, I LET YOU GO, so I am looking forward to reading this book.

On Friday, February 10, I received:

1.  THE HOPE CHEST by Viola Shipman, courtesy of St. Martin's Press.

 

2.  THE DRESSMAKER'S DOWRY by Meredith Jaeger, courtesy of Amelia Woods of Harper Collins.



27 comments:

  1. Happy Monday!!

    Another week has flown by.

    Thanks for stopping, and have a wonderful reading week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice mailbox! I'm struggling with the audio of I See You because I have trouble focusing on British narrators.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book itself is difficult to follow so I am sure the audio is a bit of a challenge.

      I don't like it as much as I liked I LET YOU GO.

      I am 60% through the book...hopefully it will pick up.

      Thanks for stopping, Kathy.

      Delete
    2. Uh oh. I have this in audio too. And I've had trouble with some British narrators. Hopefully I won't have a difficult time following it!

      Delete
    3. I hope it isn't too difficult for you.

      Will be interested to see reviews.

      Thanks for stopping, Leslie.

      Delete
  3. All of your new books look wonderful. I See You was in my mailbox as well. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can compare notes on I SEE YOU.

      Thanks for stopping, Mary.

      Delete
  4. Looks like you have lots of reading to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes....keeps me busy and out of trouble. LOL!!!

      Thanks for stopping, Ellen.

      Delete
  5. A nice mailbox, I received The Dressmaker's Dowry also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It should be good...love the cover.

      Thanks for stopping, Mary Ann.

      Delete
  6. The Orphan's Tale sounds so good!I haven't read anything by her but I've heard good things. Enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her books are AWESOME.

      The Orphan's Tale was very good.

      Thanks for stopping, Elysium.

      Delete
  7. Ohhh, that sure is a wonderful mailbox!! Happy Reading Week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Mary M.

      The books made for a great mailbox.

      Thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  8. I am seeing a lot of I See You today! Enjoy your reading this week, Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems to be pretty popular. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Suko.

      Delete
  9. So many good books. The Hope Chest looks really poignant. The Dressmaker's Dowry sounds good too. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the summary of The Hope Chest...sounds good.

      The Dressmaker's Dowry sounds very good too.

      Thanks for stopping, Martha.

      Delete
  10. I have my eye on The Orphan's Tale. Have a good reading week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Orphan's Tale is wonderful. I loved it.

      Thanks for stopping, Harvee Lau.

      Delete
  11. Nice mailbox you got there! I had 2 of those listed too! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great on two the same.

      Which ones do we both have?

      Thanks for stopping, Just Commonly.

      Delete
  12. Oh! I have I See You to read, too. I really enjoyed the author's previous book.
    Hope you had a great reading week. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished I SEE YOU. I enjoyed her first book more even though the ending of I SEE YOU was suspenseful.

      Thanks for stopping, Kay.

      Delete
  13. I want to read The Orphan's Tale so badly, but I'm far, far behind on reviews. Hope you enjoy your new books. Thanks for visiting The Busy Mom's Daily last week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to read The Orphan's Tale. So good.

      Thanks for stopping, Cheryl.

      Delete