Friday, March 10, 2017

Book Beginnings - 3/10/2017

 
*Please join Rose City Reader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.  *Taken directly from Rose City Reader's Blog Page. 
 ***************
My book beginnings is taken from THE WIDOW'S HOUSE by Carol Goodman:

"When I picture the house I see it in the late afternoon, the golden river light filling the windows and gilding the two hundred year old brick.  That's how we came upon it."
********** 
Book Finished the last three weeks: 

NEVER LET YOU GO by Chevy Stevens.

Review will be on March 15.
 
**********
BRIDGE ACROSS THE OCEAN by Susan Meissner.

Review will be on March 22.


 ********** 
WINDY CITY BLUES by Renee Rosen

Review is in the book's title. 

******************




5 comments:

  1. I liked THE WIDOW'S HOUSE very much. It suited my love of books that contain creepy old houses and ghosts and things that go bump in the night. Or do they? LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am loving the house, but having trouble getting into the storyline.

      The cover pulled me in.

      I see what you mean by "or do they?"

      I like the story of the Apple Blossom Girl. Can't wait until Clare unfolds it.

      Thanks for stopping, Kay.

      Delete
  2. I downloaded The Widow's House this week...and Never Let You Go was my favorite February read. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice collection of books. It looks like you are so passionate about books reading. I didn't read from the following list though. But "the widows house" and "never let you go" are looking interesting by the cover and title. I will definitely read one.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the description, the golden river night, and the idea of a 200 year-old house. I hope you're enjoying the book, Elizabeth. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete