Friday, March 17, 2017

Book Beginnings - 3/17/2017

 
*Please join Rose City Reader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.  *Taken directly from Rose City Reader's Blog Page. 
 ***************
My book beginnings is taken from BEYOND THE WILD RIVER by Sarah Maine:


"The gunshot lifted the rooks from the branches.  James was already running fast through the woodland when he heard it, and he plunged on, cursing now and desperate, careless of skin and clothes that caught on twigs and brambles."
********** 
Book Finished:

THE WIDOW'S HOUSE by Carol Goodman.


Review will be on March 29.

A slow start, but once it got going I couldn't put it down.
 **********
NEVER LET YOU GO by Chevy Stevens.

Review is in the book's title.

A good thriller.
 
**********
BRIDGE ACROSS THE OCEAN by Susan Meissner.

Review will be on March 22.


 ********** 
A SIMPLE FAVOR by Darcey Bell

A simple favor wasn't so simple.  :)
 
 
Review is in the book's title.
******************







7 comments:

  1. Love the quote from The Wild River, and I'm happy The Widow's House worked out for you; it's on my to read list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Widow's House was good.

      I actually had to stop reading Beyond The Wild River. I just couldn't get into the story line. I gave it until page 120 or so.

      I was disappointed because I LOVED her book The House Between Tides.

      Thanks for stopping, Kathy.

      Delete
  2. These all look good...I loved Never Let You Go...and have The Widow's House.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never Let You Go was good.

      You will like The Widow's House, Laurel.

      Thanks for stopping,

      Delete
  3. He's running for his life, isn't he? I like the beginning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...running for his life.

      Thanks for stopping, topazshell.

      Delete
  4. Never let you go sounds good read, thanks for sharing review with us. Will be getting my copy soon and hopefully it will be worth reading

    ReplyDelete