Friday, March 3, 2017

Book Beginnings - 3/3/2017

 
*Please join Rose City Reader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.  *Taken directly from Rose City Reader's Blog Page. 
 ***************
My book beginnings is taken from BRIDGE ACROSS THE OCEAN by Susan Meissner:

 
"The afternoon sun lies low and sweet among the clouds that bug the harbor, bathing the promenade deck in shimmering half-light.  On the pier a brass head plays a happy tune as good-byes are said at the far end of the gangway."
********** 
Book Finished the last three weeks:

THE DRESSMAKER'S DOWRY by Meredith Jaeger

Review is in book's title.


 **********
THE MOTHER'S PROMISE by Sally Hepworth

Review is in the book's title.

 **********
I SEE YOU by Clare Mackintosh

Good, but not as good as her first book.

Review is in the book's title.

 
 ********** 
WINDY CITY BLUES by Renee Rosen

A marvelous read and a treasure for music fans and historical fiction fans.

Review will be March 7. 


******************

13 comments:

  1. I am loving my reading weeks.

    I hope your reading weeks are good.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Bridge Across the Ocean looks very tempting.

    I have The Mother's Promise, to read soon, I hope.

    Here's mine: “A SEPARATION”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was marvelous, Laurel.

      A bit of paranormal, but it didn't take away from the book.

      LOVED it.

      Thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  3. Hello Elizabeth,

    How are you darling? I've been very quite over the past 4 months. Been through a bit of a tough time. Will chat about it on a later stage.

    But now I'm back and plan to get back to reading as well. Love the cover, title and opening line for Bridge across the ocean. Will definitely earmark that one. Need to get a reading list for the year!

    Hope you will have a good weekend and we'll chat again soon. Here's my latest post:http://marelithalkink.blogspot.co.za/2017/03/friday-meets-03-march-2017.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by, Mareli.

      I have missed you.

      Sorry you were having a rough time.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It is a beautiful cover isn't it?

      The book is about bringing the wives of American soldiers back from Europe after WWII on the RMS Queen Mary.

      Three very interesting characters with great stories.

      Thanks for stopping, JC.

      Delete
  5. I enjoy historical fiction so A Bridge Across the Ocean appeals to me. Love the cover!
    My Friday post features The Other Daughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love the book, Sandra.

      Very appealing characters and story line.

      Thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful cover on your Book Beginning book!

    Thanks for playing along on BBOF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the cover too.

      Always enjoy joining in the fun of BBOF.

      Thanks for stopping, Gillion.

      Delete
  7. I really want to read Windy City Blues, I didn't get an arc but I will likely buy it. Happy weekend Elizabeth!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy the book when you are able to get a copy.

      Thanks for stopping, Anita.

      Delete