Friday, March 10, 2017

Book Blogger Hop - 3/10 - 3/16

 
Question of the Week:

How far in advance do you read the books you have scheduled for review? (submitted by Elizabeth @ Silver's Reviews)

My Answer:

Well.....being the person that I am, I ALWAYS like my reviews done at least a month ahead of the review date.

I sometimes have them done a few months in advance.  I had books done for February and March last November and last December.  :)

I am a get-things-ready-and-done kind of girl.  Always ahead of schedule in life as well as book reviews.  :)

Something funny happened, though, that might tell me to not be so far ahead of schedule all the time.

The funny thing that happened is that I had all my Book Blogger Hop posts done up to the end of March, and then I noticed that Billy changed the logo.  Miss Efficient had to do more work and change all the logos.  LOL!!

I know I won't change the way I "operate" because that is the way I am, and I do like to have everything ready to go ahead of time, but thought I would share that funny with everyone. 

Whew - that is a LONG run-on sentence...forgive me all you grammar pros.  :) 

17 comments:

  1. What about you?

    Are you always prepared or a last-minute person?

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to get my posts done early like that but, now that I've changed my format, I'm more last minute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh. I couldn't be last minute. :)

      It's just me. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Kathy.

      Delete
  3. For book memes and such, I do the same thing! As soon as I see the prompts, I take a day and get a full month ready to go. :) Book reviews are a different story though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, Erica.

      Nice to know others like to have things done ahead of time too. As I said, it is just me. :)

      LOL on book reviews being a different story.

      Thanks for stopping, Erica.

      Delete
  4. LOVED your post, Elizabeth!

    Of course, being a business-oriented person, it stands to reason that you would want to schedule your reading and reviews. Life is easier when you have things scheduled ahead of time. I wish I could do that, but that's just not me, alas.... I'm not organized at all, lol. I just "go with the flow". :)

    I admire you for being so organized!

    It was so funny that you already had all of your BBH posts ready to publish, and then Billy changed the logo. Lol. But of course the appropriate thing to do was to change the logos on all the posts. I do believe in "aesthetic consistency"! So I would have done the same thing!

    Thanks for sharing!! Have a great weekend!! <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Maria. Glad you like my post.

      Oh yes...it is instilled in me. :)

      You seem organized.

      Thanks for stopping, Maria.

      Delete
    2. I'm glad it appears that way to you! Lol.

      BTW, i just read your comment on Billy's blog. It's snowing up in Pittsburgh? Could you please send down some snow? It's HOT down here! Lol. :) :) :)

      Delete
    3. You do seem organized.

      Sure...I will send you as much snow as you like. :)

      Thanks for coming back.

      Delete
  5. I love that you're so far ahead! I strive to be that far ahead, but it's a work in progress. I have a book due next week that I haven't even cracked open! Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooo.....I hope you get your book and review done.

      Thanks for stopping, Christina.

      Delete
  6. I'm like you; can't beat organisation. I'm always scheduling things weeks, if not months, in advance. This month I wrote some of my blog posts for 2018!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah on your being organized. It is wonderful to have that trait.

      Wow on 2018!! I am sure if I had any reviews for next year I would be right with you. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Nicki.

      Delete
  7. Me too I always prepare ahead of times some times. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog hop Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being ahead is always the best way to go. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Katiria.

      Delete