Friday, April 21, 2017

Book Beginnings - 4/21/2017

 
*Please join Rose City Reader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.  *Taken directly from Rose City Reader's Blog Page. 
 ***************
My book beginnings is taken from THE BOOK OF SUMMER by Michelle Gable:

 

"Rumor has it the quintessential Nantucket manse known as Cliff House is days from falling into the ocean.  A heartbreak, to be sure.  It's the only original and complete pre-1978 building left on the northernmost half of Baxter Road."

An enjoyable read - review will be on May 9. 

********** 
Books Finished:

I FOUND YOU by Lisa Jewell

Lots of suspense and surprises.

Review will be on May 3.
 *********
THE CUTAWAY by Christina Kovac.

Review is in the book's title.
*********
THE NIGHT THE LIGHTS WENT OUT by Karen White

Review will be on April 25 - LOVED the book.
*********
THE WIDOW OF WALL STREET by Randy Susan Meyers

Review is in the book's title....marvelous read and story line.
*********
THE BAKER'S SECRET by Stephen P. Kiernan

LOVED this book.  Review will be on May 2.
******************




13 comments:

  1. Happy Friday!!

    I hope you are reading a good book!!

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Book of Summer sounds good...and I am also eager to read the Karen White, which I now have, and I Found You, which has been on my stacks for a while.

    Here's mine: “WOMAN NO. 17”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ENJOY them all when you read them.

      Thanks for stopping, Laurel.

      Delete
  3. Nice selection of books. I have several of them in my stacks now, and want to read them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you love the similar ones we have.

      Thanks for stopping, Catherine.

      Delete
  4. Only pre-1978 house? That makes me wonder what's going on. It reveals the setting, but not much about the characters or the plot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good.

      It was about the Codman family and the summer house that has been in the family for a hundred years. The house and land was being eroded by the ocean, and the last surviving female doesn't want to give up the house.

      I enjoyed the books.

      Thanks for stopping, Roberta.

      Delete
  5. The Book of Summer arrived in my mailbox yesterday. Glad to see you enjoyed it. I won't be reading it for a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good.

      My only complaint was the small, handwriten font on the parts that contained excerpts from the memory book they kept in the house. :)

      I had to use a magnifying glass to read it. LOL!!

      Thanks for stopping, Mary.

      Delete
  6. Looks like it's time to start looking into some summer reading. The Book of Summer looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good read. Totally enjoyed the story line and the main character.

      Thanks for stopping, Gigi.

      Delete