Friday, April 7, 2017

Book Beginnings - 4/7/2017

 
*Please join Rose City Reader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.  *Taken directly from Rose City Reader's Blog Page. 
 ***************
My book beginnings is taken from THE CUTAWAY by Christina Kovac:


"It began with someone else's story.  In the beginning, a woman went out to meet a man, and on her long walk, she disappeared. I didn't know the woman.  I'd never met her."

A murder mystery - I am almost done with the book.  Good writing and a good mystery.
********** 
Book Finished:

THE NIGHT THE LIGHTS WENT OUT by Karen White

Review will be on April 25 - LOVED the book.
*********
THE WIDOW OF WALL STREET by Randy Susan Meyers

Review will be on April 19...marvelous read and story line.
*********
THE BAKER'S SECRET by Stephen P. Kiernan

LOVED this book.  Review will be on May 2.
******************




17 comments:

  1. Happy Friday!!

    Enjoy your reading weekend.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to the review of The Baker's Secret.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to read it. It was wonderful.

      Thanks for stopping, The Book Sage.

      Delete
  3. I loved The Cutaway...and can't wait to get The Night the Lights Went Out and The Widow of Wall Street.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep wanting to sit down to finish THE CUTAWAY, and then have something else to do. :)

      Hopefully shortly.

      You will LOVE The Night The Lights Went Out and The Widow of Wall Street.

      Thanks for stopping, Laurel.

      Delete
  4. Elizabeth, I'm glad that you've enjoyed your books so much! I look forward to your upcoming reviews.

    On a different note, I've started to listen to the audio book I won on your blog, The Secrets of the Midwives. Thanks, Elizabeth! I'm enjoying it so far. (I listen to it in small amounts, during my short commute to work, so it will take me a while to finish.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful on listening to the book. I enjoyed THE SECRETS OF MIDWIVES.

      I hope it is good on audio.

      Thanks for stopping, Suko.

      Delete
  5. The Cutaway looks so good. It's on my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty good.

      Thanks for stopping, Yvonne.

      Delete
  6. 'The Cutaway' sounds really good and even if I hadn't cheated a little and checked out the full premise, I would have carried on reading on the basis of those few opening lines you shared.

    As something completely different, I also like the sound of 'The Baker's Secret', although I'm not so sure that I would enjoy any of the author's other books quite so much.I look forward to your review.

    Have a great weekend :)

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Yvonne.

      I just finished The Cutaway...very good.

      I didn't read any other of Mr. Kiernan's books, but this book was incredible for me.

      Thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. It was an excellent mystery debut.

      Thanks for stopping, fredamans.

      Delete
  8. The Cutaway is a debut? Glad you liked it. I am going to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...it was good.

      I do believe it was a debut.

      Thanks for stopping, Roberta.

      Delete
  9. Wow, you've been reading up a storm. Nice shares, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Bev.

      Delete